Game Freezing!!!

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

santino250

Game Freezing!!!

Post by santino250 »

HI All

My game is freezing or taking forever to complete

I am in 2/46 and almost done.... But when the run gets to "RETURN TF TO PORT" it freezes...

My computer is a new expensive Game Computer.... Not sure if I have too many TF open.. should i disband some to ports??

here is my save...

Thanks
Attachments
Temp.zip
(4.77 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
santino
Lecivius

RE: Game Freezing!!!

Post by Lecivius »

"My computer is a new expensive Game Computer"

Methinks you need to investigate the switches to improve performance. Have you looked into that?

<edit>

A lot of these switches are discussed just a little below.

tm.asp?m=3603382
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
santino250

Post by santino250 »

These are the switches I have set for WIN 8.1

-f -px1920 -py1024 -cpu4 -skipVideo -altFont -deepColor -dd_sw

Like i said before.. the game worked pretty fast going into 45, but then it slowly got slower... I even turn off other programs running in background... but no joy..
santino
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

I'll have a look at the save over the weekend
Michael
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

The turn runs to completion for me. There are a quite a number of TFs and ships for it to check but didn't notice it being too slow.
Michael
santino250

Post by santino250 »

Hi Michaelm

I just ran it after dismissing TF's, and it ran, but IT took 2 HR and 20 minutes... It seemed to be at where Tokyo was assualting my forces, but the strange part is each Division Made its own assault... more than 50 assaults, and that all one took over 2 hrs...

All but first assault lost troops, rest nothing....
Not sure if it is my switches

this is what i have..
-f -px1920 -py1024 -cpu4 -skipVideo -altFont -deepColor -dd_sw

My computer is MSI GT70-Dominator
intel core I7-4910 MQ 2.9 Mhz quad 4 processor

16 Gig Memory
1.5 TB hard drive

It runs games like EVE, and WORLD OF TANKS at their highest settings with no problems..

any why does it slow down after 1945 , it ran perfect until the middle of 45???? I don't mind it taking time to run, but over 30 minutes a turn is a little much, let alone 2.5 hrs...

It is just that I have spent a yr getting to this point, and when I am sooo close....

Any Ideas would be appreciated... maybe it is my switches?? I know they definately affected how things worked... like clicking on anything was super slow until I added one of those switches... but after a couple of turns it gets slow again, and have to re-boot game???

although, this 2.5 hr game run was at first turn...

I really appreciate all the time you put into this, helping all of us !!!!

Santino

santino
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

My laptop is nowhere near you PC (only have 4GB memory, cpu speed is a bit more, but same number of cores (but i5)), but the turn ran in under 30 minutes - didn't time it, but I was doing other things at the time.
I noticed the assaults but not the detail.

I had animations and show reports off. Plus I ran turn with no delay (used control-z which speeds up messages if not interested in reading on-map text).

Only real difference in options between your and mine is -cpu3 -multiaudio
You could try these switches.
And they try adding the ctl-z
Michael
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Concerning audio, various people have had a variety of problems over time. Don't remember the details but since I don't care about the game sounds at all I have renamed the SOUND folder to noSOUND and the game just uses no sound after not finding the folder named 'SOUND'. You could try that.
santino250

Post by santino250 »

Game not showing my ground battles for Tokyo.... only showing japan doing 10 bombardment attacks in Tokyo??

How are they doing the same attack multiple times???

And in report I cant find my attacks... Ground that is... I have no way of knowing how to find my results...

Attachments
wpae002.zip
(4.85 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
santino
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

Is the battle for Tokyo extremely large with hundreds of units involved? The game engine gets a bit wonky with a huge number of land units in one battle.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
santino250

Post by santino250 »

Hi Bill

Yes it is for Tokyo, So I understand the slow speed, but why does japan get to do 10 - 15 Bombardment attacks"Ground" and my attacks do not show up in the combat report?? Maybe taking up too much space?? so none of my attacks list??

I have no way of gauging how I am doing in ground combat!!!

Why does it allow Tokyo to do this now, when I am so close to winning??? I have all of Japan Proper under my control... Just Tokyo left.... I did not take a year to win a huge victory for the game to crap out now... It worked perfect until I invaded Tokyo????

Before Tokyo, a turn took my Computer under 5 minutes, now between 25 to 50 minutes.... and my computer is super fast....
more worried about it not listing my offensive battles in tokyo

Thanks for your input!!!
santino
afspret

Post by afspret »

Mine is doing the same thing, every now and then. It freezes during combat resolutions in the Burma area, but I'm able to un-freeze it by hitting the space bar. So far its happened 3 times & I'm about 75% sure it started right before I installed the new patch. My PC is about a year old and I'm in May of 42 and don't have a lot of TFs floating around, so right now its just annoying.
John E. McCallum

Return to “Tech Support”