Thank You

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Brambo

Thank You

Post by Brambo »

I have been browsing this thread and finally got to 'Thinking about buying (Noob question)' Having read it, it answered a lot of my own questions about, should I buy this game, its expensive so it needed a lot of thought. I have bought a lot of games in the past only to be dissappointed and then shelved them. The friendly replies and great advice that appeared in this thread has made my mind up, so thank you all, I'm going to take the plunge knowing there is some excellent support out there.
jamus34

RE: Thank You

Post by jamus34 »

Welcome fellow lurker! Maybe sometime I. the future we can get a noob PBEM game going.
Brambo

Post by Brambo »

Thanks for your post Jamus, it was a great help. I think it might be awhile before PBEM but I certainly look forward to it....now page two of rules...

Trev
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

To Brambo and Jamus: lurk less , post more.[:D] We can't bring you into the family if we don't know you. [:D] Besides, most of us don't bite (much). [:D] And above all Brambo...ask. We want to encourage people to play the game , not discourage. Welcome! [:)]
Brambo

Post by Brambo »

[:)]Wow that was quick, thanks for the welcome Steve. I will post more but first I need to get my head back into the book, now to page 3......
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve
Besides, most of us don't bite (much).

Except for the Gorn. Watch that fella [;)]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

Welcome aboard!
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

Speaking of biting , I really LOVE fried alligator tail. You can't really get good gator here in the St. Louis metro area. I wonder? Does Gorn taste like gator? Or Chicken? [:D]
jamus34

Post by jamus34 »

Mmmmm, was just talking bout gator tail yesterday. One of the many thing I miss from Nawlins
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

Speaking of biting , I really LOVE fried alligator tail. You can't really get good gator here in the St. Louis metro area. I wonder? Does Gorn taste like gator? Or Chicken? [:D]

I dunno, but I'm not gonna taste that Gorn OR CB to find out!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
1EyedJacks

Post by 1EyedJacks »

I'm pretty sure CB is not a 'Fosters Farms' chicken... Fosters has standards... <grin>

As to eating a sentient being's tail - yuk! (but it would probably taste like haggis...)

TTFN,

Mike
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: 1EyedJacks

I'm pretty sure CB is not a 'Fosters Farms' chicken... Fosters has standards... <grin>

As to eating a sentient being's tail - yuk! (but it would probably taste like haggis...)

Actually there is a gastro pub here in St. Louis (the Scottish Arms) that's figured out how to make haggis down right tasty! They mince it , bread it , soak it extensively in single malt scotch , then deep fry the sucker! When accompanied by the Scotch of your choice , it's amazingly good. [:D]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Foster's is mostly fresh chicken products. Up here, everything is perpetually frozen...[:'(]
Symon

Post by Symon »

Actually there is a gastro pub here in St. Louis (the Scottish Arms) that's figured out how to make haggis down right tasty! They mince it , bread it , soak it extensively in single malt scotch , then deep fry the sucker! When accompanied by the Scotch of your choice , it's amazingly good. [:D]
Still a bit skeptical about sheep heart, liver, lungs and oatmeal wrapped in the casing of a stomach. Woof !!! I'l take the scotch, dude, but Jeez Louize!
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
jamus34

Post by jamus34 »

In USA it's not true haggis...lung is not USDA approved. At least as far as I know :)
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Meh. I've had the real deal for a friend's Burns dinner celebration a few years back. Not gut-wrenchingly awful, but not something I'd yearn for unless I was starving to death.

Now, the scotch on the other hand...[8D]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: jamus34
lung is not USDA approved.

Not true! USDA approves lung, trachea and other tidbits from all manner of animal slaughter plants. Not for human consumption though. I'll give you a hint...to quote a certain long-term forum regular, "WOOF!". [;)]
Symon

Post by Symon »

ORIGINAL: jamus34
In USA it's not true haggis...lung is not USDA approved. At least as far as I know :)
Oh, well, that's a great relief to know [:D] Don't want to have any any non-governmental approved lung in my USDA approved Haggis. Woof !!
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
jamus34

Post by jamus34 »

Got me there.
Working in the meat industry at the size my company is you need to bow down to the suits.
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Meh. I've had the real deal for a friend's Burns dinner celebration a few years back. Not gut-wrenchingly awful, but not something I'd yearn for unless I was starving to death.

Now, the scotch on the other hand...[8D]

Yeah , I tried it Scotland years ago. I couldn't get enough whisky into me to counter the taste. But these "Haggis fritters" are pretty good. Of course Scotch makes everything taste better![:D]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”