Resizing USMC Air Wings for CVEs

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

alanschu

Resizing USMC Air Wings for CVEs

Post by alanschu »

Hey there. I just got the CVE Long Island. I wanted to put a small fighter and SBD squadron on each. The SBDs resized to 10 just fine, but when I tried putting the fighters to 6 the airgroup seems to have resized, but I cannot draw reinforcements or spare planes for it (I still can with the DB group).

Is the size too small? Anything I should know about resizing? I manually set the size which has worked with the UK airwings and the DB group so... :S

Thanks!
witpqs

RE: Resizing USMC Air Wings for CVEs

Post by witpqs »

IIRC you cannot draw replacements while on board the carrier until after the group is Carrier Trained. That process takes 90 days on board the carrier, give or take random variation. Hopefully I got that right.
alanschu

Post by alanschu »

EDIT: LOL I think the latest (like today) patch might fix this?

103. CV groups should retain resize capability when moved back to ship. In general, any ship-based group which is carrier trained can be resized.
alanschu

Post by alanschu »

ORIGINAL: alanschu

EDIT: LOL I think the latest (like today) patch might fix this?

103. CV groups should retain resize capability when moved back to ship. In general, any ship-based group which is carrier trained can be resized.

It doesn't *SEEM* to be an issue with the SBD Squadron (Still just Carried Capable), BUT, the SBD squadron originally had 18 planes in it, while the F Squadron only had 2. I will keep that in mind. I didn't seem to be able to add planes from Los Angeles when I put it there either, but maybe because it's set to Independent?

I was able to get it to a full size by "upgrading" from F4F-4s to F4F-3s so I have it short term. They should be there for 90+ days. Not a huge deal breaker and I can work around it at least :)
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

No, the "Independent" HQ assignment does not harm anything, and allows you to put it back on the carrier or at any base without a problem.
alanschu

Post by alanschu »

Okay cool thanks.

I'll try to confirm whether anything changes after it becomes Carrier Trained if I remember!
Itdepends

Post by Itdepends »

There's a delay to drawing replacements so you can't draw two days in a row for example. Can't recall precisely but I think it's three days.
It will also have to be in port, possibly docked or disbanded. You can only draw replacements at sea if there is a VRF squadron in range with the same air frame. The VRF squad will need to be in a replenishment TF, may also work if it's at a base. I've never noticed carrier trained status have any impact on drawing replacements.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

Believe I saw a partial fix for this in the notes on the latest update.

Non-Carrier trained squadrons should now be able to draw replacements when the TF is DOCKED at a port capable of facilitating replacements.

So no more need to transfer the squadron off the carrier to receive replacements.
Hans

rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Can't recall precisely but I think it's three days.

Its seven days.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

As for re-sizing it has always been that carrier trained "or" carrier capable air groups could re-size when on a carrier. You can carry non-capable units such as army fighters and fly them off the carrier but never land them or use them for OPs, and can never re-size them.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
alanschu

Post by alanschu »

Yeah I know of the 7 day rule. I don't think it was that, but after some shenangians with putting it into LA, and back onto Long Island with a fresh squad, I seem to be able to bring in reserve planes now so I think it is working.

It's possible I may have accidentally called in a replacement plane and didn't realize. I am just skeptical of that because I only had 2 planes in the FG when I tried! In any case, all appears to be working. Thanks to those who chimed in.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”