Midget Subs on first turn

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

dr.hal

Midget Subs on first turn

Post by dr.hal »

Is there any way for the Japanese player to NOT launch the five Midget Subs on turn one and return them to base? Let's say that Yamamoto lost his nerve about them on the 6th!
witpqs

RE: Midget Subs on first turn

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

Is there any way for the Japanese player to NOT launch the five Midget Subs on turn one and return them to base? Let's say that Yamamoto lost his nerve about them on the 6th!
What about a non-historical first turn and the IJ player just changes their orders?
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

It's funny that you should suggest that, as I just ran a non historical first turn against the Allied AI and I don't think I changed a thing with the Midget Sub carriers other than look at them individual and then ran the turn. NONE of them launched an attack against Pearl (my KB hit Manila not Pearl). Never had that happen before. The sub carriers are simply going to then default destination! What gives with that? What did I do?
SierraJuliet

Post by SierraJuliet »

My current game we started with non-historical first turn. Simply changed the orders for the parent subs to move someplace else and no midget sub attack. I didn't see the point in throwing away VPs when I wasn't going to hit Pearl.

Not sure what gives with your turn... would have thought the midgets would still attack if all the subs had untouched orders.
Kido Butai, although powerful, was a raiding force, and this is exactly how the Japanese understood its usage. 'Shattered Sword'

Return to “The War Room”