Coffee

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Zap

Coffee

Post by Zap »

I frequently visit my local Starbucks. Now I'm not a coffee drinker so my order is a Hot Chocolate with a desert.

My comment is about those lines of people who come in buying their coffee (or many coffees). I've seen orders come out 50 to 60 dollars.
People love their Starbucks coffee so much and I guess the different types on the menu make for great variety. But lovers of coffee do you ever brew it at home anymore?

Would you rate your level of love for coffee as:

1. AN ADDICTION

2. GOTTA START MY DAY WITH COFFE

3. ENJOY IT WITH MY MEALS

4. COUPLE DAYS A WEEK

5. INFREQUENTLY

6. OTHER

Also how many cups a day do you drink.

bairdlander2

RE: Coffee

Post by bairdlander2 »

I brew 2 cups in the morning.About 5 cups on my days off.I stop drinking about 10am and switch to water for the rest of the day.Not a fan of Starbucks or any other stores,I like mine strong.I did go to a Starbucks in Asia and was surprised the cost was $3 for a medium coffee.What does a medium coffee go for in USA/Canada?
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

I started drinking coffee last year on an irregular basis, alternating with hot tea. I will drink from 5 to 10 cups a day... for the caffeine rather than for the taste. I must admit though, that since my electric coffee maker broke and I bought an old style Coleman Camp Percolator, my coffee has turned out pretty darn good... I'm actually enjoying the taste these days :) I do a lot of iced coffee during the heat of the summer.

Supposedly, coffee has numerous health benefits... but you know how these "headlines of the week" are when someone announced that {whatever} prevents {insert disease or condition} [:D]

Salt is good for you, eggs are OK again, artificial sweeteners don't cause cancer, real butter is better than transfat spreads, every thing you ever heard about proper nutrition is now disproved etc etc etc

Another day... another health "breakthrough"....
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: Zap

6. OTHER

I do not love coffee, in fact I do not think it tastes very good. But after my friends and I passed 25 years of age, more and more of them have started making coffee whenever I visit. I will drink what I am given, but at home I will use tea instead. Usually I will drink 3-4 cups of tea every day, more if I have a sore throat (when I add honey to my tea).
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

I frequently visit my local Starbucks. Now I'm not a coffee drinker so my order is a Hot Chocolate with a desert.

My comment is about those lines of people who come in buying their coffee (or many coffees). I've seen orders come out 50 to 60 dollars.
People love their Starbucks coffee so much and I guess the different types on the menu make for great variety. But lovers of coffee do you ever brew it at home anymore?

1. AN ADDICTION

4. COUPLE DAYS A WEEK

5. INFREQUENTLY

6. OTHER

warspite1

No.5 INFREQUENTLY (I am a tea addict)
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Rodwonder

Post by Rodwonder »

No. 2 for me... I'm a morning person!
Rod T DeMore
wings7

Post by wings7 »

I would be a number 2, I'm not a coffee snob, I enjoy instant coffee as well as freshly brewed! [:)]

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
berto

Post by berto »

I work the night shift. I need my four mugs of Starbucks 50/50 (half decafeinated) to get through the night. And the morning drive home!
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
comte

Post by comte »

1. addict

I drink a lot of coffee. A lot more since I moved overseas. I drink Elite Instant or Turkish when I really need some rocket fuel. Instant coffee is really good here.
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

1. AN ADDICTION

4. COUPLE DAYS A WEEK

5. INFREQUENTLY

6. OTHER

1. an addiction here

I usually drink like 5 (4 minimum) BIG cups of coffee. I sleep perfectly well but I know this cannot be healthy.

When I was in Genoa back in the 90s I remember I drank like 20 "piccolo espresso" coffees during one day. Piccolo = small quantity aka concentrated (less water that is).
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
Talon_XBMCX

Post by Talon_XBMCX »

Know Coffee, Know Life ...

No coffee, NO life ...

I guess that makes me an addict [:D]
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Infrequently. I start my day off with tea or diet soda. Once in a blue moon I'll drink Taster's Choice only because I got free samples in the mail. The French Vanilla is pretty good but not that good.

My ex boss used to drink like 2 pots of coffee a day and chain smoked cigarettes. He died at 53 with a massive stroke.
meskary

Post by meskary »

Retired military.

Addict, at least 6-8 cups a day and a cup of tea at night.
Hotschi

Post by Hotschi »

I'm addicted to coffee. My day starts with it as well as ends with it. At home, we no longer buy those De Longhi or Saeco coffee machines, because at our level of consumption, they're broke in a year or so - the cheapest coffee machine doesn't last shorter.

Coffee is my substitute for water, and tea is something I drink only when I'm sick.
"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

I start my day off with tea or diet soda.

Diet soda is the WORST thing you can drink! Do a little research...
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
british exil

Post by british exil »

1. AN ADDICTION

2. GOTTA START MY DAY WITH COFFEE

Start my work day, at about 7:30 am with a coffee. At 8:15 I've taken my son to Kindergarden and have drunk at least 3 coffees.
Will drink at least 2-3 coffee's during the day and in the evening when I get home maybe another 2.

On my day off the coffee machine never really cools down, coffee beans and water being filled continuously into the machine. I lose count to be honest.

Summer time and one coffee gets a spoonful of sugar and placed in the fridge, for the cool cold coffee after work.

No coffee in the morning, come 12:00 I am literally sick, my blood pressure is so low that I am paler than the colour white. Major headache and have to go to bed. Will feel better the next morning. Will take me an hour to get home when I normally need half an hour. No power to walk or drive the car. So I NEED the "drug" to get me through the day.

Tea is an evening drink, maybe 1 or 2. More when I'm ill.

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

A 38-year addiction, but cut down to 6 cups a day. When I clean my coffeemaker, I can only imagine what my insides look like. Been to Starbucks once. Coffee is coffee, and I like it at room temp, too.
Zap

Post by Zap »

Coffee from what I gather is an acquired taste. Because it really does not taste very good. Like diet soda, you just need to accept the taste and you will get used to it!
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: british exil

No coffee in the morning, come 12:00 I am literally sick, my blood pressure is so low that I am paler than the colour white. Major headache and have to go to bed.
warspite1

Yeah, I get that - well the dull, throbing, nauseating headache anyway - if I do not have a couple of mugs of tea in the morning.

I don't know if its true but they say there is even more caffeine in tea than coffee!
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

I consider myself to be a 2. I definitely enjoy and benefit from coffee in the morning although I have to be very careful about not drinking it after noon. It tends to keep me awake at night.

But I've skipped it on occasion and didn't really notice any addiction withdrawal symptoms.

I like Starbucks sometimes, but I usually have to add milk and sugar to it because it's very bitter. My daily coffee is black.

I also drink tea, once a day no more, plus loads of water.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

Return to “General Discussion”