Quiet China ???

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

mcp5500

Quiet China ???

Post by mcp5500 »

Hi fellow players. I have been playing the Guad campaign for 3 or 4 months and i want to start a grand campaign as the allies against the IJN AI. I have chosen Babes-Lite campaign to start this great endeavor. I do not understand advantages or disadvantages for Quiet China. Does that campaign option benefit IJ player resulting in freeing forces or the ease of playing the allies by ignoring China. Please explain this for me. Thanks everyone.
JocMeister

RE: Quiet China ???

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: mcp5500

Hi fellow players. I have been playing the Guad campaign for 3 or 4 months and i want to start a grand campaign as the allies against the IJN AI. I have chosen Babes-Lite campaign to start this great endeavor. I do not understand advantages or disadvantages for Quiet China. Does that campaign option benefit IJ player resulting in freeing forces or the ease of playing the allies by ignoring China. Please explain this for me. Thanks everyone.

I think the quiet China makes the AI more passive in China.
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

ORIGINAL: mcp5500

I think the quiet China makes the AI more passive in China.

Yep, it makes some moves, then settles down.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
mcp5500

Post by mcp5500 »

Does the AI take advantage of the low activity and take forces from the chineese theater? It must also get a supply up kick over the original campaign.
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

There won't be scripts to force the AI to do offensives in a Quiet China, maybe excluding the very early war.
That said, the AI will attack if it see you are weak, so as soon as you make your positions strong, the AI will stop.

It won't move troops to other theaters as there are no scripts to do so; other than those of course that are supposed to leave China
wegman58

Post by wegman58 »

I'm playing stock (with the beta) Quiet China and in November 1942 the IJA is continuing to attack. I've left China completely alone (except for stealing the AVG which I used in Burma and India before it was time to disband).

Not the aggression shown in some of the human After Action Reports, but not 'quiet' either.
Bill Goin

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”