Naval Interception

A sub-forum for players new to WIF, containing information on how to get started and become an experienced player.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

bigwins

Naval Interception

Post by bigwins »

Before I screw up and have to go back to a save point I would like to ask a question

If the Germans want to sent a raider through the North Sea, the Faeroes Gap, and into the Denmark Strait, how is interception performed by The Royal Navy in the North Sea and Faeroes Gap.

Do I stop the raider in these locations and resolve interception attempts as the raider moves through, will I then be able to continue moving the raider to the patrol hex?

Do I control left click in each zone as I move the raider all the way to The Denmark Strait, and then attempt interception in the zones it passed trough?

Thanks as always
paulderynck

RE: Naval Interception

Post by paulderynck »

You need to use left click to directly enter a sea zone where you can be intercepted. When you do, the intercepting force is offered the opportunity to intercept. If they don't, or they do but miss, you can continue moving.

If they do intercept, then you can stop moving in any reachable sea zone box - in which case they have to find you again to have combat. Or you can elect to keep moving and pick a sea box to fight from - the higher you pick, the less movement you'll have left if you survive the interception combat. OTOH, the higher you pick, the less the potential surprise points.
Paul

Return to “WIF School”