Problem with editing Races, components and Prefered Government types.

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Rosbjerg

Problem with editing Races, components and Prefered Government types.

Post by Rosbjerg »

Well, I'm not allowed to post images apparently, so I'll try to explain instead.

I've edited a races race files with the following:
SpecialComponent ;9, 57
SpecialGovernment ;7, 6

Which should correspond to Shaktur Firestom and Novacore in my Components.txt and 2 Government types in my Governments.txt

But in game it displays the races' special tech/component as the Maxoblaster (component 0) and Despotism (GovID 0).

Anyone know what's up with that? What am I doing wrong?
nvek

RE: Problem with editing Races, components and Prefered Government types.

Post by nvek »

I think the cause is quite simple; it's not possible to assign more than 1 special government/component to a race.

The number 9 should indeed be the shaktur firestorm, I'd say try it with just number 9 and see if it displays that correctly ingame.
If it still doesn't you may want to check the boskara race file and make sure they no longer use 9 as special component, cause I don't think it's possible to assign more than 1 race to a special component either.

If you really want to add more than one unique component to a race you could add it as a normal component and disallow it for all other races.
blabla
Rosbjerg

RE: Problem with editing Races, components and Prefered Government types.

Post by Rosbjerg »

Awesome thanks - it would be great if those kind of small tidbits would be added to the modding guide, for noobs like me (hint hint to the developers) :)

Return to “Design and Modding”