User Mods

Please post here for questions and discussion about general game modding

Moderator: Jason Petho

rjantzi

User Mods

Post by rjantzi »

I was having some problems with running JTCS and decided to re-install. I did a clean install of ver. 1.01 then ran the 2.02 update. The game works fine now but this installation didn't create a User Mods folder and when I open the Generic Mod Enabler there aren't any mods listed. Is there someplace where I can download all of the mods in one go or do I have to go about this piecemeal? Thanks
Warhorse

RE: User Mods

Post by Warhorse »

I think it is just Mods now, IIRC!? Did you use the JSGME in the main game folder, ie John Tillers Campaign Series? There should be a bunch of mods in the game install.
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
rjantzi

Post by rjantzi »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The mods were in the "Mods" folder under the main directory just as you said. However, there is another folder, (JTCS/Tools/JSGME/MODS) that was empty and, for whatever reason, the JSGME program was looking to this location. I've copied all the mods over to this location and now everything seems to work.

Cheers
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Any time my friend! Gotta love those ghost directories, no?! Glad you got sorted out!!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

Yes, I can confirm the User Mods folder got renamed as /Mods, so that it is one step less to have it available via JSGME.

For those interested, there's a detailed User Mods activation guide available in the game Manual, pp. 123-124.

Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
rjantzi

Post by rjantzi »

Thanks for all the prompt feedback. That's why I love these forums, so many people to lend a hand when you run into difficulties.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”