Between the Storms

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

John 3rd

RE: Aussie Repairs

Post by John 3rd »

We'll begin another corrections list and I'll make sure that gets top priority.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
HansBolter

RE: Aussie Repairs

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

We'll begin another corrections list and I'll make sure that gets top priority.

Actually, I think fixing the Wasp so it doesn't lose 36 dive bombers should take priority over assigning a single float plane to each of the Surcoufs. [:)]
Hans

tophat21

RE: Between the Storms

Post by tophat21 »

not sure if this is the right place but i just started a RA 7.9 game as japan against the ai and found TF's 93,94, and 95 start in Cam Rahn Bay but the units that a supposed to load on them on turn 1 are in Saigon. also the 124th infantry is in battanbang but the TF 105 that it is supposed to load on is in Cam Rahn Bay
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

We moved units and TF around quite a bit. There is no 'supposed to' in any of our three Mods. You've got the ships and troops where they are. It is your choice to load, pick a target, and get them there! Good luck!

The Wasp comment is quite correct. Thanks for the reminder.

HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

Latest Glitch Found:

AVD Upgrades in April '43 are a little screwed up. The slow (18 Knot) AVDs show a 5 shipyard minimum for the April '43 upgrade while the fast AVDs (27 knot) show a 0 shipyard requirement.
The 0 shipyard requirement seems to be false reporting. I had a few in Pearl that defaulted to pierside instead of shipyard and showed a pound/number sign next to the number of days until I manually moved them to shipyard.
The group I had in Noumea defaulted to pierside since there is no shipyard and showed a large X in the number of days column. This was scary as refitting ships cannot be moved manually to ready so they may have been stuck there forever.
Since I play the AI I was able to replay the turn and send the ones at Noumea to Sidney.
Player need to be aware of this glitch and NOT allow AVDs to upgrade at ports without a shipyard.
Screen shots follow:

Slow AVD upgrade requirement for a 5 shipyard:

Attachments
AVDUpgrade4.jpg
AVDUpgrade4.jpg (168.87 KiB) Viewed 33 times
Hans

HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

Fast AVD upgrade requirement for 0 shipyard:

Attachments
AVDUpgrade3.jpg
AVDUpgrade3.jpg (100.96 KiB) Viewed 33 times
Hans

HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

Fast AVDs refitting at Pearl defaulted to pierside with pound/number sign:

Attachments
AVDUpgrade2.jpg
AVDUpgrade2.jpg (118.82 KiB) Viewed 33 times
Hans

HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

Fast AVDs at Noumea refitting with an X in the days column:

Attachments
AVDUpgrade1.jpg
AVDUpgrade1.jpg (108.22 KiB) Viewed 33 times
Hans

JuanG

Post by JuanG »

The 'shipyard minimum' bit just checks for the presence of a facility of that size (or equivalence via port size + nav support, if I remember correctly), it does not actually require the ship to be in the yard for the conversion/upgrade.

On the other hand, 'damage' the ship incurs as a result of an upgrade/conversion may require a shipyard facility or ARD, depending on the type and extent. The examples you posted seem to be significant enough changes that the damage results in needing a shipyard.

In general its a good idea to make sure that upgrades like this do have 'shipyard minimum' set, so that they don't accidentally upgrade at some backwater and then have to return to a bigger base just to finish 'upgrading'.
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

This sounds like a bug. The ship should go into the shipyard and if there is no shipyard present, it shouldn't go in at all. What version are you playing?

BTW, one thing that always made me wonder was why AVDs were the end of the conversion trail. They were Clemson class DDs converted to AVDs. If the Navy found they didn't need them for AVDs, why couldn't they be converted to one of the other auxiliaries the Clemsons were converted to?

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Symon

Post by Symon »

Hi ya John. I know it's OT, but if ya think about it it really isn't, is it?

JWE’s own chicken teriyaki. Yum. Recipe calls for skin-on, boneless thighs, but they’re hard to find. You want the skin, you need the skin. Get 4 bone-in thighs. If you have any kind of sharp filleting knife in the box, it’s literally 2 minutes and you are good to go.

Marinate in 1 tbs of grated fresh ginger, 1 tbs lemon juice, 2 tbs sake (unabashed plug for Gekkaikan). 30 minutes gets it done, but I like 1 hour; room temp. Drain and reserve on a plate.

Heat a large area dry pan to medium (medium-low, depending). The chicken will render, so no oil is necessary, but I like to put three teaspoons of sesame oil in there for flavor. Slowly fry the chicken, skin side down, for 10 minutes (till nicely golden brown), flip and do 3 more minutes. Idea is to get the skin side crispy, but still have it a touch under-done.

Meanwhile, combine 1 tbs, sake, 1 tbs mirin, 1 tbs soy, 1 tbs honey. You can use more or less, but 1:1:1:1 seems a good, tasty ratio. I think 1 tbs, for each, is good for each pound of thighs. Bring to a low boil.

Meanwhile steam some veggies. Asparagus and broccoli done al dente, i.e., bring water to a boil, throw the greens into the steamer, cover and cook five minutes. If you are an oriental perfectionist, use bok-choi.

When the sauce has rendered so it coats the back of a spoon, add the chicken and the veggies. Then Stir. Did I mention stir? Oh, yes, stir. You will get a beautiful, flavorful, glistening coating on you chicken and veggies; stuff that will make your eyes go epicanthic.

Traditionally served over sushi rice, but Thai Jasmine, or Indian Basmati work really well. Just put a tbs or 2 of sake into the rice water. You’ll be glad you did.

Ciao. JWE
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: Symon

Hi ya John. I know it's OT, but if ya think about it it really isn't, is it?

JWE’s own chicken teriyaki. Yum. Recipe calls for skin-on, boneless thighs, but they’re hard to find. You want the skin, you need the skin. Get 4 bone-in thighs. If you have any kind of sharp filleting knife in the box, it’s literally 2 minutes and you are good to go.

Marinate in 1 tbs of grated fresh ginger, 1 tbs lemon juice, 2 tbs sake (unabashed plug for Gekkaikan). 30 minutes gets it done, but I like 1 hour; room temp. Drain and reserve on a plate.

Heat a large area dry pan to medium (medium-low, depending). The chicken will render, so no oil is necessary, but I like to put three teaspoons of sesame oil in there for flavor. Slowly fry the chicken, skin side down, for 10 minutes (till nicely golden brown), flip and do 3 more minutes. Idea is to get the skin side crispy, but still have it a touch under-done.

Meanwhile, combine 1 tbs, sake, 1 tbs mirin, 1 tbs soy, 1 tbs honey. You can use more or less, but 1:1:1:1 seems a good, tasty ratio. I think 1 tbs, for each, is good for each pound of thighs. Bring to a low boil.

Meanwhile steam some veggies. Asparagus and broccoli done al dente, i.e., bring water to a boil, throw the greens into the steamer, cover and cook five minutes. If you are an oriental perfectionist, use bok-choi.

When the sauce has rendered so it coats the back of a spoon, add the chicken and the veggies. Then Stir. Did I mention stir? Oh, yes, stir. You will get a beautiful, flavorful, glistening coating on you chicken and veggies; stuff that will make your eyes go epicanthic.

Traditionally served over sushi rice, but Thai Jasmine, or Indian Basmati work really well. Just put a tbs or 2 of sake into the rice water. You’ll be glad you did.

Ciao. JWE

Nice recipe Symon. Printed and filed....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: JuanG

In general its a good idea to make sure that upgrades like this do have 'shipyard minimum' set, so that they don't accidentally upgrade at some backwater and then have to return to a bigger base just to finish 'upgrading'.

I wasn't sure it would do that. I envisioned it stuck in refit limbo forever.

Was scary enough to make me replay the turn.

Oh and I'm playing BTS 2.1 with beta 1123x10.

It's an ongoing game that started on the first release of BTS.

Updates have fixed some glitches while others won't be fixed until I do a restart.
Hans

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

It would appear that I am going to be stuck starting a new game. If this is the case then I want to go through and clean-up anymore issues that are found. Need to get a look around things, find a new opponent, and get things RESTARTED. Rat----Farts...

apbarog

Post by apbarog »

I'm sorry to hear about your game. I'd been reading the other side of your game and wondered had happened and if the game was still on.

Thank you for your work on the mods. I was a long-time vanilla player. Right now I'm playing a DBB-B game. Between the Babe's mods and yours, I'd never go back to a vanilla startup.

I'll be looking forward to following your next game.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

It would appear that I am going to be stuck starting a new game. If this is the case then I want to go through and clean-up anymore issues that are found. Need to get a look around things, find a new opponent, and get things RESTARTED. Rat----Farts...

Sorry for both of you who had games going with Cribtop.

I keep struggling with starting over, since so many of the bugs require a restart to correct, but am still enjoying this game so I'll keep plugging ahead and reporting bugs.
Hans

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Hans: The work done by you in finding these issues is invaluable!

btd64

Post by btd64 »

Hans: The work done by you in finding these issues is invaluable!

+1.

....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Going to be doing an update and create an RA/BTS 'Lite' reflecting a non-Yamato Class OOB for Japan. Should be done by the end of the weekend.

ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Can we get some details of what the 'lite' versions will include??
[center]Image[/center]

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”