Impact of OB modification

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

moet

Impact of OB modification

Post by moet »

Hi. I didn't notice any impact on the global troops efficiency after the player did modify the order of battle (OB). I would have expected that it would increase orders delay or turn length, like many other factors do in that great game.
CapnDarwin

RE: Impact of OB modification

Post by CapnDarwin »

If you are talking moving units to report to new HQs it can depend. Right now moving to an existing HQ does not effect readiness or timings (that will be changing in 2.1). If you attach a unit to a non-HQ to make an acting HQ that HQ has a restricted command radius. Again, in 2.1, we plan to add more impacts with the revised command timings.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
moet

Post by moet »

Thanks Capn. I think this addition will be consistent with the rest of the game. :)
overkill01

Post by overkill01 »

Hi,

So you can move units around without any impact on timings ?

So i'm wondering, is there any reason why I should place units in low level HQ's ? If i'd put them in highest command then I can have a wider command range right ?

In hell on wheels for example, OB is like : HQ hell on wheels => 3rd bn => HQ-A/3rd bn
Why should I not put HQ-A under HQ hell on wheels => HQ-A/3rd bn ?
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

All my OOB's are unit pure. Which means the companies and battalions are not cross attached.

I leave it up to the gamers to determine what they feel their best mix for combat groupings are.

I assume most gamers will cross attach.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
Tazak

Post by Tazak »

ORIGINAL: overkill01

Hi,

So you can move units around without any impact on timings ?

So i'm wondering, is there any reason why I should place units in low level HQ's ? If i'd put them in highest command then I can have a wider command range right ?

In hell on wheels for example, OB is like : HQ hell on wheels => 3rd bn => HQ-A/3rd bn
Why should I not put HQ-A under HQ hell on wheels => HQ-A/3rd bn ?

the impact to a lot of units if their HQ is suddenly turned into a pile of burning wrecks can be devastating, resupply for 1, the time you need to move your lower HQs to then be in command range for another. Not saying you should or shouldn't but there is a major risk placing all your units under a single HQ
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”