dlc/expansion planed ?

This forum supports the Early Access Program for the PC for Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM). iOS, Android and Mac releases are still in development. SPM is the ultimate game of space exploration. It is the mid 1950s and the race for dominance between the US and the Soviet Union is about to move into a new dimension: space. Take charge of the US or Soviet space agencies - your duty is be the first to the moon. Carefully manage your budget by opening programs, spending R&D funds on improving the hardware, recruiting personnel and astronauts and launching space missions in this realistic turn based strategy game.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

czert2

dlc/expansion planed ?

Post by czert2 »

just interesed if we can expect any dlc which will add more missions/archivments/extended timeline :).
Nacho84

RE: dlc/expansion planed ?

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello czert2,

Indeed, we're planning to extend the game with future instalments.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion
czert2

Post by czert2 »

any timetable for dlc/expansio/superpatch ?
Nacho84

Post by Nacho84 »

Not at the moment I'm afraid, as we're still bouncing around ideas on what's coming next [:(]

We'll surely announce it once we have a defined plan.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
terje439

Post by terje439 »

Will this include a minor tweak to the way server games are handled. What I am thinking about is that when the game is over, it cannot be opened again. That means that the chat is no longer available, and even worse, I am not sure if my opponent landed on the moon at the same time.

Example;
I played a game as the USSR, did the direct ascent, successful mission, turn was sent to my opponent. Sent him a message saying thank you for the game. Got a mail that he had responded, but could not open the game again as it was completed. So no way to see if he left a message or if he too landed on the same turn.

Hope you get what I am asking for, as I am too tired right now to think properly in english, so am sort of just translating my thoughts from norwegian...

Terje
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
RyanCrierie

Post by RyanCrierie »

Is it possible to see astronaut names and ground crew names in a future patch be able to be read randomly from text files if they're present?

E.G.
Astros.txt
Engineers.txt

One of my most memorable events was reading a BARIS playthrough that had been edited to include the names of people into the game; and it was amusing to see them die, crash, or messup in game and then seeing it described through fiction writing why they died. [:D]
shaunchattey

Post by shaunchattey »

ORIGINAL: RyanCrierie

Is it possible to see astronaut names and ground crew names in a future patch be able to be read randomly from text files if they're present?

E.G.
Astros.txt
Engineers.txt

One of my most memorable events was reading a BARIS playthrough that had been edited to include the names of people into the game; and it was amusing to see them die, crash, or messup in game and then seeing it described through fiction writing why they died. [:D]

I asked this pre-release, as it's part of their 'reward system' for different tiers of purchase they said they couldnt let people rename/design crews. I think they said maybe they would look into letting people redesign mission controllers.
=His Majesty Selim III of the house of Osman, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire=
czert2

Post by czert2 »

thisforum is effectively dead...before relase it was waaaay more alive. how is game selling ? can we expect some hope to be more life here or it will be efectively dead ? is is realy sham it is dead here. any ide how to bring life here ?
Nacho84

Post by Nacho84 »

There's a lot more activity in the Slitherine and Steam forums, feel free to join us there :)

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Blind Sniper

Post by Blind Sniper »

So, no more expansion then? [:(]
WitP-AE - WitE - CWII - BASPM - BaB

[center]Image[/center]
Nacho84

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello Blind Sniper,

For the moment no, I'm afraid :( That being, Mauricio (the 3D artist from SPM), a game designer and myself are working on a new strategy game on the subject of space exploration. Development is not going as quick as it was during the Early Access of SPM, though, because we all now have day jobs. Keep an eye on our twitter account, we'll announce more details sometime in the future.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Blind Sniper

Post by Blind Sniper »

I really hope to see the n° 2 and 3 one day...can you give more info about your new project?

WitP-AE - WitE - CWII - BASPM - BaB

[center]Image[/center]
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

ORIGINAL: Nacho84

Hello Blind Sniper,

For the moment no, I'm afraid :(..
Cheers,
You're afraid - I'm sad about it. [:(]

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”