Tactical Advice

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

SigUp

Tactical Advice

Post by SigUp »

Starting a campaign game against the AI with the Japanese side I'm finding out about some pitfalls that can happen when you don't pay attention. So here's a little situation (December 10 right now) I'd like to get some advice for:

I thought it a good idea to try and land at Iba early to take the airfield there with the preloaded units. Kanno and Tanaka Det landed there on the first day and I decided to wait for the artillery, engineers and 14th Army HQ to arrive before launching an attack. Forgot to account for the Allied response though and waited too long. After the latter force arrived I had to discover during an Allied bombardment attack, that the AI moved in two tank battalions and has 240 AV to my 179, which probably makes capturing Iba somewhat tricky with the forces I have there.

Right now 65th Brigade is one day off San Fernando. Should I reroute it to Iba, or stick with the original plan to land it and the rest of 48th Division at San Fernando, then marching them down to Lingayen - Clark Field?
leehunt27@bloomberg.net

RE: Tactical Advice

Post by leehunt27@bloomberg.net »

i would go around. you just got stuffed on the landing.
John 21:25

Return to “The War Room”