Rail Repair

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

TommyBoy987

Rail Repair

Post by TommyBoy987 »

Hello. I am very new to WitE (any version of it, but have the most recent update of Don to Danube). I find
it a very awesome game so far! It's very deep, detailed but hard to learn. I am finally beginning
to grasp it now though. I am in the midst of 2 games right now (Operation Blue 20 turn scenario as German
in both). My question is regarding FBD rail repair units. How come I can not seem to repair the rails with
my FDB units (or even the automatic way), to the East of the Crimea on turn 6? I mean across the Straight
Of Kerch. It seems to me that, if the Axis can make the Russian units retreat and get troops across that
little bit of water I should be able to fix the rail heading east from that point. (and then of course use
the rails). Is this just not possible or am I not doing something right? Can anyone help me out with this?
I know how to make the FBD units work anywhere else. It's pretty easy now that I have been reading the
manual for 2 or 3 weeks now haha. Thanks in advance.
H Guderian
jwolf

RE: Rail Repair

Post by jwolf »

Although troops can move across, there isn't any land supply connection across Kerch Straits. Your troops will have some decent supply as long as they stay close to ports on the other side. But for rail supply you would have to repair the tracks south from Rostov.
TommyBoy987

RE: Rail Repair

Post by TommyBoy987 »

Ok. Thank you VERY much! That was fast haha. Ya, my troops have taken Novowhatever it is called and the front
line is straight north from there. So far supply seems good like you said. Thanks again.
Guderian

Return to “The War Room”