Meklore's AAR, That Joc Can't Read!

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

marion61

Meklore's AAR, That Joc Can't Read!

Post by marion61 »

Well I've finished my marathon first turn for Joc. The glorious Italian Army stands fast, while German units advance to the rear! GO PANZERS! I reconned his beaches so hard, that they turned into glass, but aside from this, we await the 20 divisions valiantly!
marion61

RE: Meklore's AAR, That Joc Can't Read!

Post by marion61 »

I have good news, and I have bad news. Good news first. I remembered to take a screen shot this turn. Bad news. I forgot to take a screen shot of end of turn.

I looked over Joc's naval interdiction numbers and they were only 4's and 5's on Sardinia, so the Vaughted LW struck back and we gained naval control over his beaches. His naval over Sicily was too high to try and fight. Lose too many bombers contesting it. The mighty Italian Army has rushed reinforcements (that aren't frozen) to Sardinia to repel the invader's!

Sicily's another problem. You can't leave gaps in your lines with high moral German units close by. The mighty Italian Army attacked a French mountain regt. and took an American beach this turn, while other Italian units along with PzG regt. isolated an American ID.

My suggestions:

1. Close your gaps so Italian regt. can't get at your beaches. They are easily pushed around, but they can still get lucky which is how I got that one beach. An Italian pushing a mtn regt. is just luck of combat. I didn't expect to take that beach that way.

2. I have way more usable bases near Sardinia than Sicily. Adjust your naval patrols around so you at least get parity, and next time invade near a port. I'm pretty sure I can't kick you off Sardinia, but I can make you pay for every hex you take.

3. Always expect the unexpected from me. I play aggressively, just ask NOSB. I will take risk if the reward is there, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but it can't hurt to try.

Attachments
Jocnaval.jpg
Jocnaval.jpg (142.25 KiB) Viewed 373 times
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

The mighty Italian Army has rushed reinforcements (that aren't frozen) to Sardinia to repel the invader's!

Do I understand that you transported by ship some Italian divisions to Sardinia? I kind of like that idea if the WA are willing to attack early. I also like the Italians fort digging in key areas on the mainland so that when they do evaporate my Germans have decent quarters to take up. Don't forget to find the 'Alpini' Mtn Div...

It does stink that the Italians on Sardinia stay frozen when it is invaded. I think the enemy has to get within three hexes of them to 'unfreeze' them.

BTW, red/black doesn't contrast well on that background. Kind of hard to read your font.
"War is never a technical problem only, and if in pursuing technical solutions you neglect the psychological and the political, then the best technical solutions will be worthless." - Hermann Balck
marion61

Post by marion61 »

I was still half asleep, cause I think I changed that color about 6 times and just left it at that. I'll be awake next time.
loki100

Post by loki100 »

nice to see an agressive defense of the islands, be interesting to see how that works out
marion61

Post by marion61 »

It got even more aggressive this turn.[;)] This was the start of the turn.

Attachments
joc1.jpg
joc1.jpg (205.5 KiB) Viewed 373 times
marion61

Post by marion61 »

Sardinia naval.

Attachments
joc2.jpg
joc2.jpg (85.73 KiB) Viewed 373 times
marion61

Post by marion61 »

Sicily at the turns end, before my surprises.

Attachments
joc3.jpg
joc3.jpg (224.99 KiB) Viewed 373 times
marion61

Post by marion61 »

Sardinia at the turns end. Tune in next week to see what new surprises I have in store for Joc. He told me he liked surprises so I'm obliging him.

Attachments
joc4.jpg
joc4.jpg (175.69 KiB) Viewed 373 times
marion61

RE: Meklore's AAR, And it's okay if Joc reads it!

Post by marion61 »

We managed a photo op on Sardinia for the starving British troops there. Some of them may be reminded of eating rats in Tobruk still lol. Rats back on the menu boys!

Attachments
joc1.jpg
joc1.jpg (87.91 KiB) Viewed 373 times
marion61

Post by marion61 »

Sicily was another matter. I got my divisions down there, and yes I forgot that you can't assign su's over the ferries, so my attacks went in without it. I couldn't budge him, but he's paying for Sicily too. No free rides!

And yes, those two regiments are toast, but considering how much I've delayed his next invasion already, as it's July 31, '43 turn now, I believe I'll get a strategic win. I can't win on the ground, but I can delay him as much as possible, because time is my ally. He's forced to bring more men over to the islands to kick me off, and when it becomes untenable, I'll leave. He also has a line of forts around the volcano to contend with now.

I'll give Joc his due, this last turn he smashed my airfields on Sardinia and Corsica. He only got about 200 german planes, but the Italian AF is gutted, as it lost over 700 planes. Over 900 planes total on the ground.

Attachments
joc2.jpg
joc2.jpg (71.17 KiB) Viewed 376 times
marion61

Post by marion61 »

Since I seem to be replying to myself in this aar, I'll putting Palermo Rose on sabbatical.[8D]
decourcy2

Post by decourcy2 »

You know when you start talking to yourself that you are getting old!

I thought Joc would have learned more from his last game; this is stuff he should not be getting wrong. You are keeping him beautifully off balance.
marion61

Post by marion61 »

WOW! A POST! Will Palermo Rose come out of retirement???

Okay, twist my arm. I even took pics for this past turn, but Joc's not going to be happy. His boys on Sardinia are eating rats still, and it looks like more rat for next week to eat as I kept naval control. I've explained to him how to handle this with his AF, I await the falling of bombs! The mighty Italian's got behind the lines on Sardinia, but found the temporary ports occupied with real units...damn! Also a line of forts is going up around his containment area. If they sign a surrender soon, we've promised them RAT will not be served in the POW camp.[;)]

Attachments
20150309_11h44_00.jpg
20150309_11h44_00.jpg (48.47 KiB) Viewed 376 times
marion61

Post by marion61 »

Fresh out of Retirement...It's the indefatigable...Palermo Rose! Broadcasting, sort of live, from Messina. This morning I awoke to what appeared to be smoke coming from the volcano. I ran from my bed, all in a fluster, only to find out that all the smoke wasn't from the volcano, but from the hundreds of allied fighters and ground attack craft burning on the ground near Gela! It was a glorious sight to see that smoke plume, caused by the Elite Fliers of the LW. They reported over 400 enemy planes destroyed, so I still owe him another 500 planes for destroying the Italian AF last turn.[;)]

Unfortunately, the men of the Pzgrn regiment, that gave their lives so valiantly are probably doomed like the other two regiments. I've traded that division to keep him tied up on Sicily as long as possible. Syracuse is not big enough to maintain supply to all those units so he has to keep his TF's around. But, my able Italian allies are digging forts now on the Italian mainland.

Attachments
2015-03-09_11h44_00.jpg
2015-03-09_11h44_00.jpg (171.31 KiB) Viewed 376 times
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

I am reading and greatly enjoy your AAR. I didn't want to clutter it up with my worthless post, since I don't even own the game yet, but will.

marion61

Post by marion61 »

I love worthless post! Post on![8D]
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

How were you able to destroy the Allied planes? Weren't your losses equally as horrific?

sven6345789

Post by sven6345789 »

Ok!
Do german divisions come back like in WITE? Or are they gone for good?
And since I'am asking
What happens to allied divisions that get destroyed?
Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943
marion61

Post by marion61 »

I recon his airbases at a new invasion area, and the first turn I see them there I start spanking them. In one game I destroyed over 1900 planes over a 4 turn stretch. I take losses over time, and when they become untenable I stop. The key is that those first planes coming over don't have air support the first turn transferred, and not much supply so they don't intercept. Also if they were given another mission and not just auto intercepting, they intercept poorly. The first turn or two you can suffer massive losses, so don't put a bunch of ground attack or bombers on those fields. Just move a few fighter groups a turn, let the supply build up (you should also set new airbases to 100 TOE, not auto), and just let them auto intercept. Axis bombers will get torn up and they stop. People get in a hurry to move planes over and forget the axis have over 1200 bombers in the area and I can fly from the mainland without worry of reprisals. Timing is key to playing axis.

This is kinda funny, but in one game I tried to bomb the 8th's airfields cause most players get lax about England being bombed so I figured why not. I massed many brave and fearless pilots, that would never come back. I got 60 bombers, but I lost 200 doing it. Not a trade off I'd do again, but it's funny now.

Return to “After Action Reports”