New F-14D (E) models -

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

TMP95

New F-14D (E) models -

Post by TMP95 »

Just noticed the new F-14D (E) models. Those prototype models that never saw service. With the AIM-152s. Just curious, how have they flown for those who have playtested them. I haven't had enough hours outside of work past month (since coming back to CMNO) so I basically sit around and read these forums and plot down all the "what I'm going to do" once I get time ideas....
TMP95

RE: New F-14D (E) models -

Post by TMP95 »

Love that they are included though! Just wanted to say! Love all the CMNO advances!
Schr75

Post by Schr75 »

I have tested the AIM-152 several times, and it is a beast of a weapon.
It´s almost as fast as the Phoenix, longer ranged, has a dual IR and radar seeker and is ramjet powered, so no Pk penalties at long ranges.

The Phoenix was primarily designed to kill bombers, AIM-152 kill´s fighters at long range as well, and does it good.

I love the thing.

Just sad that no scen´s use it as it was never put into production[:)]
TMP95

Post by TMP95 »

Thanks for the info! Can't wait to test protype Tomcats out! Nice info on the AIM-152. Ive read reports where it was excellent.
DirtyFred

Post by DirtyFred »

The F-14's of Iran used the Phoenix against bombers and fighters. and killed a lot of them. it was so effective, that they only had to turn on the AWG-9 radar and all iraqi aircraft with RWR ran away, abandoned the mission.

nice to see improved tomcats in CMANO.

Attachments
ospreyf14iran.jpg
ospreyf14iran.jpg (110.64 KiB) Viewed 68 times
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”