Wrong Total of Aircraft

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

guytipton41

Wrong Total of Aircraft

Post by guytipton41 »

Hi Folks,

When I look at the TF summary screen I have an Air Combat TF that consistently shows the wrong total for aircraft. It shows 79 and should be about 6 x 27 = 162. I'm not sure what could cause this. I looked at all the squadrons and they are all carrier trained and qualified. Got any idea what could be causing this? Of course it's more minor issue than real problem.

Cheers,
Guy

Attachments
WrongTotal.jpg
WrongTotal.jpg (205.15 KiB) Viewed 72 times
guytipton41

RE: Wrong Total of Aircraft

Post by guytipton41 »

And here is the TF.

Attachments
TF176.jpg
TF176.jpg (115.86 KiB) Viewed 72 times
guytipton41

Post by guytipton41 »

And here is a sample squadron.

Attachments
VRF1F.jpg
VRF1F.jpg (137.78 KiB) Viewed 72 times
guytipton41

Post by guytipton41 »

And here is another...

Attachments
No800Sqn.jpg
No800Sqn.jpg (135.81 KiB) Viewed 72 times
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

At least one carrier has at least one replenishment group. Those are not combat squadrons. If you have both squadrons that came on that carrier, the carrier is overloaded and can only fly off aircraft.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
guytipton41

Post by guytipton41 »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

At least one carrier has at least one replenishment group. Those are not combat squadrons. If you have both squadrons that came on that carrier, the carrier is overloaded and can only fly off aircraft.

Bill

Hi Bill,

OK that makes sense.

I know that VRF-1F managed to get 221 kills somehow - so she's not overloaded. I'm under the impression that replenishment groups only functioned like that when in a replenishment TF. But the more I think about it - it would very low payoff to modify the TF summary page to check to see if it's air combat or replenishment.

Cheers,
Guy
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: guytipton41

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Bill

Hi Bill,

OK that makes sense.

I know that VRF-1F managed to get 221 kills somehow - so she's not overloaded. I'm under the impression that replenishment groups only functioned like that when in a replenishment TF. But the more I think about it - it would very low payoff to modify the TF summary page to check to see if it's air combat or replenishment.

Cheers,
Guy

'R' groups--fighters, DBs, and TBs--fight just fine as their plane type if on Air Combat TF ships, or even from shore bases. I've used them a great deal in that last role in Oz in 1942 and on some of the "early" islands. Their pilots tend to be green, but the numbers in the groups themselves help at times.

If you have taken off a normal-sized fighter squadron and replaced it with a VRF AND left the DB or TB the ship might have come with, it's overloaded. CVEs start in several initial configurations, varying by era and class, and even individual ship. You have to check her when she's just out of the yards and configure the loadout to suit.
The Moose
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

Is it an issue of overloading or is it simply that the reporting of combat planes in a TF ignores Replenishment Squadrons in the counting?
Hans

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

Is it an issue of overloading or is it simply that the reporting of combat planes in a TF ignores Replenishment Squadrons in the counting?
This. Only a tiny inconvenience.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”