Database update downloading question

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

1nutworld

Database update downloading question

Post by 1nutworld »

Hey everyone,

To be honest I'm not sure where to pose this question, so if it needs to be moved by any of the Admin's, please do so.

I'm having trouble getting the latest DB image and database updates to download successfully.

I'm trying to download from here: http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876

And, for the past 5 times I've tried to download the DB update, it has stopped prior to completion, after getting about 1/4 of the way done.

Thanks for your help in advance
Scott
USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) 1990-1994.
mikkey

RE: Database update downloading question

Post by mikkey »

Scott, it may be a problem of a web browser. Similarly behaves my older Opera. If is possible try other web browser, maybe this will help.
1nutworld

Post by 1nutworld »

ORIGINAL: mikkey

Scott, it may be a problem of a web browser. Similarly behaves my older Opera. If is possible try other web browser, maybe this will help.

mikkey,
thanks for your reply and suggestion. Unfortunately, I have now unsuccessfully tried to download the DB update using the latest Chrome browser, and the latest firefox browser.

Both of them have had the download finish, before the entire DL was completed.

Mini_Von

Post by Mini_Von »

Hi Nutworld,

I just successfully downloaded the whole image database. It was about 1.8gig. I had no problem at all. I guess it comes down to something wrong with your PC or internet connection.

Good Luck

Rob
1nutworld

Post by 1nutworld »

ORIGINAL: Mini_Von

Hi Nutworld,

I just successfully downloaded the whole image database. It was about 1.8gig. I had no problem at all. I guess it comes down to something wrong with your PC or internet connection.

Good Luck

Rob

Thanks Rob.

Good to know that others are having success. I was hoping it wasn't a problem with my PC. Running diagnostics on mine shows no problems....but as I said, I can't get it to complete. I get 400 to 700 mb downloaded and then it stops. I can't figure out why.
1nutworld

Post by 1nutworld »

I suspect that I may have found a solution. Firefox has a downloader app, the download is progressing and has about an hour left to go, and is at 21% and counting.
1nutworld

Post by 1nutworld »

Success.
TMP95

Post by TMP95 »

Isn't the latest DB part of the latest patch (when you update). I've updated to 1.07 beta 677 (do I have the latest DB)?
MirabelleBenou

Post by MirabelleBenou »

The patch alway come with the latest DB. The pack here is an optionnal addon with (lot & lot of) images and description. A big and nice work from CV60 and others.

It's really a must have.
CV60

Post by CV60 »

Thanks for your kind comments. Myself and the rest of the team appreciate it. As far as a publication schedule, right now I'm finishing up something for BASPM. I'm guessing we'll get an update to the image packages and to some of the system descriptions will be out in mid-April.
The patch alway come with the latest DB. The pack here is an optionnal addon with (lot & lot of) images and description. A big and nice work from CV60 and others. It's really a must have.
“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” -Abraham Lincoln
1nutworld

Post by 1nutworld »

ORIGINAL: MirabelleBenou

The patch alway come with the latest DB. The pack here is an optionnal addon with (lot & lot of) images and description. A big and nice work from CV60 and others.

It's really a must have.

I guess I wasn't aware that the update patch includes the latest DB. Probably my own ignorance as opposed to anything else.
CV60

Post by CV60 »

The updates come (I believe) with the latest database additions. However, the image and description packs must still be downloaded separately.
I guess I wasn't aware that the update patch includes the latest DB. Probably my own ignorance as opposed to anything else.

“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” -Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”