AI colonization

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

vary10

AI colonization

Post by vary10 »

Hi!
I've been playing Human race and there is an independent colony with humans I want to colonize in 1.5K from my homeworld. But before my colony ship was built, Haakonish had taken it. So I reloaded and sent a fleet to the planet, waiting for their colony ship to come. But none did, although the planet became haakonish colony. It's their first colony and it's about 3K from their hw. I reloaded 4 times 7 month before the event and there are no colony ships each time. Does AI need those at all? If yes, then why is this happening?
Bingeling

RE: AI colonization

Post by Bingeling »

I think you missed their colony ship arriving. Or maybe more likely, you missed a troop invasion arriving by troop transports or other warships with troop compartments.

Colonies can flip ownership if unhappy enough (to another empire), but that should in no way be the case here.
vary10

RE: AI colonization

Post by vary10 »

Thanks, it was really conquered by troops[:)]

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”