question about the lost of kharkov factory

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Rodimstev

question about the lost of kharkov factory

Post by Rodimstev »

hi all,

in my multiplayer game, i still lost the Kharkov factory (in turn 12). it was my fault, a mistake, but i want just to know if it is catastrophic for the future or not?

kinds regards.

Rodimstev
"l'audace encore de l'audace toujours de l'audace" Danton devant l'assemblée nationale 20 septembre 1792.
morvael

RE: question about the lost of kharkov factory

Post by morvael »

All of them? It will hurt, especially the vehicles and tanks. But I think you should be able to survive this, provided no other factory will be lost. Perhaps you will have to use smaller number of mobile/tank forces in the future than normal, which will slow down your advance, and may buy your opponent enough time to get minor victory/draw.
Rodimstev

Post by Rodimstev »

Hi Morveal,

in fact just the T34 factories. I know that it is already a lot.

thanks for your respond.

Rodim
"l'audace encore de l'audace toujours de l'audace" Danton devant l'assemblée nationale 20 septembre 1792.
morvael

Post by morvael »

You should suffer truly only in late war, as T-34/85 production is lower than M1942 and you will be losing a lot of tanks because of range to rail, movement and offensive combat against good AT defense. I couldn't keep up with losses at that time (with 27 tank corps, 20 cavalry corps and 6 mechanized corps). You will have the advantage of 1.08 being able to use Shermans and other medium tanks properly. If that won't be enough just disband those less useful units: all separate tank and motorcycle regiments must go for sure by the end of '43. Replace those units with heavy SU/tank regiments as you will have a significant number of those. Do not use medium SU units, production is barely enough to keep mobile corps up to required strength.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”