V1.08.03Beta is available for testing

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

morvael

RE: V1.08.02Beta is available for testing

Post by morvael »

I would need a save to check details. But I guess it will take 2 turns for the game to adjust to .02 and only data from .02 is meaningful at this time.
rainman2015

Post by rainman2015 »

Hello...

Newbie here...just downloaded and loaded v1.08.02.

As far as i can see, the new v1.08 beta changes are NOT yet incorporated into the main rules PDF yet, right? Dumb question, but just want to be sure before i print out 250 pages of rules...:)

So, we need to print out both the 1.08.01 and the 1.08.02 change lists in addition to the main 1.07 rules book to get all the newest rules, right?

Thanks!
Randy
:)
loki100

Post by loki100 »

yes

You probably don't need to print it all to be honest. The bug fixes and changes to equipment values are something that make no real impact on game play (in the sense of things you might choose to do or not to do), so its more the areas that change the rules such as the industry multipliers and so on
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: morvael

I would need a save to check details. But I guess it will take 2 turns for the game to adjust to .02 and only data from .02 is meaningful at this time.

Posted in tech.
tm.asp?m=3801844&mpage=1&key=&#3801844
tbone1218

Post by tbone1218 »

interesting change! - Scenario changes 8. FBD 5 delayed to mid-May 1942 in all 41 Campaigns
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

It was simply not there in 41, formed in early 42 to relieve the other FBD commands.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

Maybe I missed it in this latest patch notes or an earlier one. Is it WAD for Soviet air commands and air bases under them to no longer count against the Front CP limits?
Icier

Post by Icier »

Playing pbem, & have noticed that a routing unit will almost move to an enemy HQ that may be behind & try to make it bounce. Had one last turn, where a Russian unit routed, moved to an air group HQ, bounced it & then the routing unit promptly surrendered.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Ridgeway

Post by Ridgeway »

ORIGINAL: Ice

Playing pbem, & have noticed that a routing unit will almost move to an enemy HQ that may be behind & try to make it bounce. Had one last turn, where a Russian unit routed, moved to an air group HQ, bounced it & then the routing unit promptly surrendered.

I think it has always been that way (DAMHIKT).

If you watch close, before a unit routs, surrenders or shatters, it retreats one hex. So you need to make sure there are no unaccompanied HQs or ABs potentially in harm's way.
Icier

Post by Icier »

Hi Ridgeway, will watch closely next time...we are playing V1.08.02Beta...the main problem seems to be resurrection of routing Russians units, but you already know about that.
morvael

Post by morvael »

I imagine a whole division of fleeing riflemen is still able to cause havoc in a HQ standing in their way...

Try to shield your HQs and airbases (stack with combat units) if operating that close to the front. But you can afford to keep them 2-3 hexes to the rear.
Icier

Post by Icier »

when routing units are forced to route again, why don't they shatter & when they are forced to route, does their reforming time start again?
randallw

Post by randallw »

I imagine a whole division of fleeing riflemen is still able to cause havoc in a HQ standing in their way...

Try to shield your HQs and airbases (stack with combat units) if operating that close to the front. But you can afford to keep them 2-3 hexes to the rear.

Speaking of HQs, they don't run away when 'bumped' by enemy combat units like they used to.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Really?
Ridgeway

Post by Ridgeway »

ORIGINAL: randallw

Speaking of HQs, they don't run away when 'bumped' by enemy combat units like they used to.

Yes they do. The only difference I have seen (and this appeared in a patch a while back) is that if you leave an HQ unattended next to an enemy combat unit, or move it adjacent, it will not displace (unless it is left that way at the end of the turn). But if an enemy unit retreats adjacent to your unaccompanied HQ, it will displace.
morvael

Post by morvael »

That should be reported as bug IMHO. Too bad I didn't know about this earlier.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

I assumed it was a feature so that you had time to either move the HQ out of the ZOC or add a LCU to the hex with the HQ later.

I've moved units away from a HQ next to an enemy unit a lot of times and the last thing I'd want is to have keep track what is moving when just so the HQ would not displace. So I would vote to leave as is please [:)]
Gerry Edwards

Post by Gerry Edwards »

V1.08.03 is now ready for testing

Cheers,
Gerry
Those who came before pave the path of tomorrow.
gingerbread

RE: V1.08.03Beta is available for testing

Post by gingerbread »

This thread could use a new header.
morvael

RE: V1.08.03Beta is available for testing

Post by morvael »

Better to add new thread with link and changelog.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”