version 2.09

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

CapnDarwin

RE: version 2.09

Post by CapnDarwin »

Tazak, assuming we are talking the 2.09 beta, can you show us some screen shots of the selection windows in the ScenEdit. Thanks.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Did you find and fix the artillery explosion graphics glitch I mentioned? I also saw one odd artillery strike flash as a Russian unit counter on top of my guys in one game.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

The graphics glitch is on the list. Right now we are stepping back on a fix that broke the game last night. Hopefully we can get that corrected and move forward again tonight.

Tazak

Post by Tazak »

CD as requested, I can provide the FP_file.txt, similar to the first reports however its only showing user data files but not the original files and giving same error messages as before when you try to edit a scenario made with original files

Attachments
209bmk2.jpg
209bmk2.jpg (34.61 KiB) Viewed 90 times
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Tazak, if that is 2.09, try reloading (unzipping) the beta file again and then add in the fp_files.txt that I posted. See if that works. If not, you may need to wait for the Beta 2 or I can attempt to zip up the latest data and scenarios and fp_files.txt file and post that for you.

Tazak

Post by Tazak »

That's sorted it, thanks CD
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Sweet! First thing to go right in days. [:(]

ivanov

Post by ivanov »

ORIGINAL: RobertCrandall

Katukov - Thanks for taking the time to capture these screen shots and mark them up for us. They illustrated perfectly what was wrong and I just fixed it. I think you will be happy with the results. It will now deduct the elapsed time from the remaining delay as you expected and all the times match up now the way you anticipated.

Thanks again! Rob

That's great to hear guys! This is a wonderful game and I'm glad that everyone will be able to enjoy it now 100% [&o]
Lest we forget.
guderian68

Post by guderian68 »

Hi

I don't know if this is an issue or if this was already happening before but I noticed that if some unit move in a enemy helicoper hex it stop moving and go on hold. It happened on AS-BRAVO scenario : I have a tank company (3 tank platoon + hq)and 3 recon unit and 3 mortar unit moving throught a Mi24 hex and all stop stacked there.

Is this by design?
Thanks!
Paolo
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Paolo, I'll check with Rob tonight on this issue. Generally speaking, contact with the enemy will force non assaulting units to stop and cover/fight. Can you get us a screen shot? A save game file would be great too.

cbelva

Post by cbelva »

There are too many variable involved in your situation to tell what is going on from your description. To really tell what is going on, we will need a saved game file.
Charles Belva
guderian68

Post by guderian68 »

Tomorrow I try to find a saved game. Thanks a lot for the support.
Anyway my units were all assaulting.

Bye
Paolo
guderian68

Post by guderian68 »

Hi

I can't find the saved games but I create a small test scenario.
I have put two Hind section with low ammo and low experience (to avoid they kill every enemy unit!) fixed on a road hex. Than I create 6 section of jeep moving in pair witn hasy, deliberate and assault order. The first two stop the hex before the hind, the assaulting one stop in the helicoper hex.

Every american units go to hold.

Thanks

Paolo
Attachments
testhelo.zip
(24.75 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Got the file. We'll check it out. Thanks. [8D]

ivanov

Post by ivanov »

I'm not sure if this has been reported, but it seems that in 2.09 the counter battery doesn't work at all ( both against the on map and off map arty units ). In general the arty units seem to be very passive and they don't fire unless you don't assign them the targets manually. I've played two scenarios of the Teacher's Campaign and despite having the FSCC on, my arty didn't fire even once.
Lest we forget.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

We will add that to the list to check. Something got into the orders code for 2.09 and seems to have broke a number of well functioning items in 2.08. That was half the reason of beta testing it. As I posted in another thread, doing seemingly small simple changes anywhere near the orders and timing code is poking a bear with a short stick.

Tazak

Post by Tazak »

CB fire is working well for me both on-board and off-board. The factor I think that people may see in the older scenarios is that the national status (which dictates CB %) was updated from the 4%-6% region to +20% in one of the recent patches meaning older games are still working to very low CB % values

Attached is something I'm working on with massive arty support, play as the brits, I've set some soviet arty to CB for the AI, set your M109 to CB and just hit start repeatedly and watch the CB battle rage
Attachments
0001.zip
(149.24 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Tazaks, the concern is if 2.09 beta 1 broke CB fire. I'm hearing that the latest internal build is working okay and it should be fine in 2.06-2.08 when it was setup and working again. All of the scenarios have been updated on our end, but a custom scenario, especially pre-2.06 could be messed up if the author did not post an updated version. Hopefully beta2 will make everything right again.

Return to “Tech Support”