request for resource

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

bush

request for resource

Post by bush »

I am trying to come up with a list of US destroyers - but in alphabetical order. All destroyers, not broken into separate classes. There are enough similarities in endurance and speed that I can not always tell which class a DD belongs to and I would like to have an alpha listing to quickly check.

Thanks,

Mike
wdolson

RE: request for resource

Post by wdolson »

You can use witpLoadAE to extract the scenario files into Excel CV files and then build a spreadsheet of just the destroyers you're looking for.

Some of the player aid programs may be able to help too, though that is how I would go about it.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
bush

Post by bush »

Thank you Bill. Unfortunately, that is beyond my tech skills. I will continue to look for a pre-made list.
Mundy

Post by Mundy »

Here you go.

Just change the .txt in the name back to .xlsx. It's an Excel spreadsheet.

[EDIT] I just went to NavSource and dumped it into a spreadsheet. Some creative trimming after that to separate the hull numbers from the names.
Attachments
USNDDs.txt
(34.47 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
wegman58

Post by wegman58 »

Might not be 100% accurate (IS Wikipedia) but:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:W ... ted_States

Multiple pages.
Bill Goin
Big B

Post by Big B »

Here is a list of every destroyer (every ship for that matter) built for the US Navy: Navsource
ORIGINAL: bushpsu

I am trying to come up with a list of US destroyers - but in alphabetical order. All destroyers, not broken into separate classes. There are enough similarities in endurance and speed that I can not always tell which class a DD belongs to and I would like to have an alpha listing to quickly check.

Thanks,

Mike
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

The Wikipedia list goes to pages on the classes which have tables. You can copy any paste the tables into Excel and sort any way you want.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”