New Soviet Armies

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Chris21wen

New Soviet Armies

Post by Chris21wen »

When a new Soviet Army arrive STAVKA immediately attaches support units to it, usually the wrong ones meaning you have to spend the next two turns sending them back. Is it possible to stop this practice by locking newly arrived HQs and/or not allowing the transfer to newly arrived HQ.

To help control support unit movement my Armies attached to Fronts and STAVKA are unlocked but Fronts are. This works fine except for Armies still attached to STAVKA which I lock.

Perhaps I don't completely understand how the locking system and support works.

Removed. A dumb question

If I lock STAVKA itself will it prevent new Armies receiving support units on the turn they arrive?
sh0nyu

RE: New Soviet Armies

Post by sh0nyu »

In which scenario? I play grand campaign atm and havn't got any army with SU already attached.
(7th Jan 2020)
Jan 42 GC as Allies (PBEM)
Dec 41 of first GC as Japan (PBEM)
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Shonyu

In which scenario? I play grand campaign atm and havn't got any army with SU already attached.

Scenario one. This isn't an isolated incident. Perhaps you do not have any support units in STAVKA or maybe STAVKA is locked.
olorin42

Post by olorin42 »

The new support units happen when you build an army HQ using APs. These are NEW support units created along with the HQ - nothing got transferred.
Gabriel B.

Post by Gabriel B. »

I prefer to keep stavka unlocked (but lock fronts ) so suport units are asigned from stavka instead of building new suport units with lousy experience .
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: olorin42

The new support units happen when you build an army HQ using APs. These are NEW support units created along with the HQ - nothing got transferred.

I'm not sure what you are saying, this does not happen to me. I'm playing the Soviets just in case there's a side difference.

When I create a new HQ using APs I don't get new support units, it's empty. If I leave it a turn unlocked then support units are transferred in from STAVKA.

My post was about HQs received as reinforcements. There receive support units on the turn they arrive and as they also arrive unlocked you have no chance to lock them
morvael

Post by morvael »

In 1.08 SU are not created when a new HQ is built. Scripted reinforcements arrive as usual.

I think if you would start playing the game with locked HQ option they would arrive locked and no units would be transferred. But you have to keep STAVKA locked as well.
Manual assignment is vastly superior, unfortunately.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Gabriel B.

I prefer to keep stavka unlocked (but lock fronts ) so suport units are asigned from stavka instead of building new suport units with lousy experience .

That my idea as well. Problem is new armies are attached to STAVKA and receive support units if not locked. You can lock HQs created using APs but you cannot lock those received as reinforcement.

Having said all that I don't believe support level system is required anymore. tm.asp?m=3812935
Gabriel B.

Post by Gabriel B. »

ORIGINAL: morvael

In 1.08 SU are not created when a new HQ is built. Scripted reinforcements arrive as usual.

Thank you for the change .
Gabriel B.

Post by Gabriel B. »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

That my idea as well. Problem is new armies are attached to STAVKA and receive support units if not locked. You can lock HQs created using APs but you cannot lock those received as reinforcement.

Having said all that I don't believe support level system is required anymore. tm.asp?m=3812935

Are you sure you understand how contruction and engineer units are transfered ?
Gabriel B.

Post by Gabriel B. »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Are you sure you understand corectly how contruction and engineer units are transfered ? your post is not clear on that.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”