Wanted Axis Opponent for ETO

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

GrumpyMel

Wanted Axis Opponent for ETO

Post by GrumpyMel »

I'm looking for an Axis opponent to help playtest the latest version of ETO that I just uploaded to the scenario bank. I'd prefer to play the Allies since the majority of the tweaks I made were on that side and it'd be easier for me to see how they are working by playing them. Probably have a fairly slow turn around, so no time pressure. Let me know if anyone is interested?
LJBurstyn

RE: Wanted Axis Opponent for ETO

Post by LJBurstyn »

Hi, I wanted to point out that there is a math error in changing neutrality in the events programming. When you divide 19/20 you get a 0 change in neutrality not 1 and the only place you get a 5 change is 100/20...otherwise you get 0-5 change in neutrality when you use the card. So the random generated number
1-19 gets you a zero change in neutrality
20-39 gets you a 1 change in neutrality
40-59 gets you a 2 change in neutrality and so on.
The math truncates all partial numbers it does not round up or down. This was confirmed when I modified the event and printed out what was generated by the random number generator and what it gave me as a neutrality change. A simple solution is to add one to the result and then reduce anything larger than 5 to 5. The net result is that 5 has a 1% chance greater of happening than 2 thru 4 while 1 has a 1% lesser chance of happening.

I will be leaving on an Alaskan vacation on March 6th, returning March 14th. Will be away from computers for that time.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”