Is Force Graph Under FOW?

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

tinjaw

Is Force Graph Under FOW?

Post by tinjaw »

When looking at the Force Graph that shows Power Points, is that ground truth, or is that after FOW is applied?

I am also wondering how it is possible for the enemy to pull so far ahead in an Even Steven scenario. Any suggestions?

Attachments
ForcePointsGraph.jpg
ForcePointsGraph.jpg (71.2 KiB) Viewed 63 times
baloo7777

RE: Is Force Graph Under FOW?

Post by baloo7777 »

ORIGINAL: tinjaw

I am also wondering how it is possible for the enemy to pull so far ahead in an Even Steven scenario. Any suggestions?

The AI gets a lot of boosts, even steven or not! You have to take their cities and factories to keep them from producing.
JRR
tinjaw

Post by tinjaw »

ORIGINAL: baloo7777

The AI gets a lot of boosts, even steven or not! You have to take their cities and factories to keep them from producing.

I didn't know that. I didn't know that the AI got boosts. I thought I was playing against an AI without any special advantages.

How could I have figured that out on my own? If I examine the scenario in the editor, what should I look for to find these bonuses?
Josh

Post by Josh »

Yes the AI always outproduces you. I think it's ground truth with FOW turned off. It doesn't matter really because against the AI you know it will always outnumber you. Question always is; where are his troops? The AI got this boost because it invariably will make dumb moves. Moreover it tends to attack you banzai/human wave style. The moment it "sees" you it will attack you with all it got. Which also means you can get into hairy situations quickly; one moment you're reconnoitering with some units...next thing you know they're all over you with dozens of units. Time for a hastily withdrawal then.
Don't know about the scenario thing, sorry about that, never touch the thing.
tinjaw

Post by tinjaw »

ORIGINAL: Josh

Yes the AI always outproduces you. I think it's ground truth with FOW turned off. It doesn't matter really because against the AI you know it will always outnumber you.

I don't remember reading about this in the manual. How did you learn this? Is that some setting in the scenario? If I am designing my own scenario, how do I control that? Is it a fixed setting that the AI gets ##% more production points?
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: tinjaw

ORIGINAL: Josh

Yes the AI always outproduces you. I think it's ground truth with FOW turned off. It doesn't matter really because against the AI you know it will always outnumber you.

I don't remember reading about this in the manual. How did you learn this? Is that some setting in the scenario? If I am designing my own scenario, how do I control that? Is it a fixed setting that the AI gets ##% more production points?

You might want to check this page:
http://www.vrdesigns.nl/atwiki/doku.php ... telligence

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
tinjaw

Post by tinjaw »

ORIGINAL: Vic
You might want to check this page:
http://www.vrdesigns.nl/atwiki/doku.php ... telligence

Thanks. That page has a lot of interesting information.

One thing I saw was: AI will get a very limited number of free factories / resource upgrades over time, but the number increases for AI+ and AI++ [scripted in generic.at2]

That lead me to find out what "scripted" meant. And I think that is the events. Looking at the events it is apparent that I have some learning to do to understand what's going on.

So, to answer my original questions...

The graph is showing ground truth without and modifications due to fog of war

and

The AI gets extra production -- which is not documented in the manual, but instead is documented in the scenario file in the events section.

Time for me to RTFM on the scripting engine.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”