Couple More Questions

A sub-forum for players new to WIF, containing information on how to get started and become an experienced player.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

bigwins

Couple More Questions

Post by bigwins »

1] Disorganized Units. Could someone please point me to where in the rulebook/manual it outlines the effects of being disorganized. I can find several areas about reorganization. In particularly ground units. As best as I can determine they can not move or attack and defend at half strength.

2] Any opinions on preference for the 1D10 or 2D10 ground combat chart. Why the preference?

Thanks
Mayhemizer_slith

RE: Couple More Questions

Post by Mayhemizer_slith »

I give a try, please correct me if I say something wrong:

1] Can't point pages, but I try to explain: Disorganized units can't move or attack (or fly or give HQ support or fire AA fire etc). They will defend with full strength as long as they as in supply. Being disorganized AND out of supply decreases combat value. Regular units has then value 1 and elite units (white text) has value 3.

In overrun organized air units are re-based, disorganized air units are destroyed.

2] 2D10 is more complex and "realistic".
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.

-Murphy's war law
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

I greatly prefer the 2d10 table. It is less "all or nothing".

If you do use the 1d10 table, and you use divisions, you should use the blitz bonus; otherwise combat is all too likely to feel like WW I, not WW II.
I thought I knew how to play this game....
bigwins

Post by bigwins »

I went back and re-read "ground strikes". I need to hit it again when more time but it looks like you get a 1D20 Combat Table +2DRM. Is this because of the ground strike or because the ground strike rendered the defender disorganized. In the later is true do you get a +2 DRM anytime you attack a disorganized ground unit.

I am having a hard time finding listing for DRMs for all combat (land, sea, air)tables. They seem to be spread about the rules. Still pawing through the books.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Disorganised units:

- Can't move, fly, make attacks or initiate naval combat (exception: Carrier planes always fly when defending their carrier). Note that they can be part of a naval combat which is initiated by other units in the sea area).
- Might be captured if an enemy unit enters the port they are in (when they are naval units)
- Will be destroyed if an enemy unit enters the hex they are in.
- Are subject to a +2 DRM when they are being attacked (for divisions, this is a +1 DRM).
- When attacked when out of supply, they have 1 combat factor when black print and 3 combat factors if they have white print combat factors.
Peter
brian brian

Post by brian brian »

Disorganized units give the attacker a +1 on the 1d10 combat table and a +2 on the 2d10 combat table.

Note that this is basically equivalent to raising the attacker's odds by one column.

Return to “WIF School”