Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

chemkid

Post by chemkid »

zakblood

RE: non beta - non ios branch possible?

Post by zakblood »

does seem to be taking rather a long time
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

We can only release a PC only version if we use Beta or otherwise the cross-platform multiplayer would not work anymore.

On a side not the 1.6 PC Beta patch is our for some months now and available in Steam as a Steam Beta. MP here is on the Beta servers and you can only play PC Beta players.

But there is good news:

The CTGW latest patch is in the Apple approval queue since last week, asa we get approval we let you know and release the 1.6.2 official patch cross-platform.

So this is very close now.

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

this for me is where cross platform falls flat, as if they say no or it's on hold, everything else has to wait, i have no interest what so ever in online, whether it's pc or any other format so agree with others comments
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: chemkid

wouldn't it be possible to branch off a non beta release that would work with all the bells and whistles included by kirk? i mean a 'not wait for apple's approval' version - PC ONLY, man?!!! [8D]
i'm so fed up with waiting for a fixed version of this game - makes me feel sad checking into operating's and kirk's thread on beta-thoughts! really?! what's up with you guys - ios?! let's release it already and let the ios folks wait till hell boils over!! [:(]

sorry - had to vent this off - rant over.
cheers and kisses!

chem!

The powers to be piss me off, even LZ pisses me off, but you know what: their hands are tied, they want to present a good product and I can't really blame them for doing so! Seen where a patch has come out piecemeal, which just added so much confusion and consternation from those who did not benefit and even from those who did. At present; myself and a whole bunch of members are having a blast in MP and don't mind there is a delay so we can finish our matches (highly unlikely in some cases). I can only imagine that the new patch is going to be a monster with surprising good results. What is in order: Is that the powers to be; Give us some preliminary changes to the game to feast upon, to calm the "beast of waiting" .
AdmiralSarek wrote
Hi, I am using the steam 1.6 beta version and about one in every 4 times I load a PBEM game the game locks up on the screen where it says opening game. The little image with the cog stops turning.

Windows 7, with all the latest updates.

Any suggestions of what to check, log files etc?

When I see quotes like the one above that should be serviced in these lull periods, brings to question where the heck are the brains of this outfit is at?[&:]
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Return to “Commander - The Great War”