Sound

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

Nukes

Sound

Post by Nukes »

Just got the game, playing Cherbourg, really enjoying it. I only wished I had pulled the trigger earlier (no pun intended of course). I have the sound turned on, however when I click on the choices ( music only etc.) it is grayed out and unavailable. Thanks for the help in advance.
Oberst_Klink

RE: Sound

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: Nukes

Just got the game, playing Cherbourg, really enjoying it. I only wished I had pulled the trigger earlier (no pun intended of course). I have the sound turned on, however when I click on the choices ( music only etc.) it is grayed out and unavailable. Thanks for the help in advance.
Info required: Version, your PC system, maybe the Opart.ini file, too.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Nukes

Post by Nukes »

TOAW III, Windows 7. Danke
Nukes

Post by Nukes »

Perhaps you have advice on this as well. What is the process of downloading and saving a new game? Thanks.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

I have the sound turned on,

How do you know you have the sound turned on ? Did you make any changes to the Opart.ini file ? [There is a 'nosound' option in the ini file that will cause the options to be greyed out].
What is the process of downloading and saving a new game?

Do you mean a new scenario ? If yes, download it and save it to one of the scenario folders in the main OPART folder.
Nukes

Post by Nukes »

Made no changes. That states nosound=n in that folder. Strange. Also downloaded Arnhem. Placed it in the correct folder and nuttin. Do you need to restart?
rjantzi

Post by rjantzi »

Hi Nukes,

I asked the same question a few years back. Look back thru the forum to find my post named,"user made scenarios" - 5/15/2011 5:09:51 AM. The responses are very detailed and helped me figure this out.
Nukes

Post by Nukes »

Did exactly what you said, downloaded alt graphics as well followed all the directives and still nothing. And still no sound.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Made no changes. That states nosound=n in that folder. Strange. Also downloaded Arnhem. Placed it in the correct folder and nuttin. Do you need to restart?
I've been in this situation before and the first time I looked it wasn't listed in the list of available scenarios and so I did an Alt-Tab to
get to another application to fix the problem and then did an Alt-Tab to get back to TOAW and there was the same list showing so
I found that I had to get TOAW to read what files were in the directory a second time to get the correct list. I don't remember
having to restart.
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Did exactly what you said, downloaded alt graphics as well followed all the directives and still nothing. And still no sound.
So um......to give you specific advice I'm going to need you to explain to me what you mean by "still nothing". Try explaining
like you were talking to a small child. And I had the "no sound" problem one time and found that I had to use the operating
system ( W7 ) to read my microphone again after I unplugged it and plugged it back in to fix the message no microphone.
It fixed the problem with my microphone and THAT allowed me to calibrate the sound system to finish the wizard that makes
your sound system work. Finally. So maybe you need to go to the control panel and monkey around with your sound system.
Calibrate it again or something.

I hope I didn't muddy the waters even worse.
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
Nukes

Post by Nukes »

Yes that is the situation with downloaded scenarios, they don't appear at all in the folders I saved them in. I'll give your steps a shot and see what turns up, thanks.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

downloaded scenarios, they don't appear at all in the folders I saved them in.

Hmm ... maybe the scenarios were made with an older version of TOAW. Try opening the editor, then see if you can find the scenarios and open them with the editor, then save them while in the editor. Then try to play them.
Nukes

Post by Nukes »

First of all I would like to thank everyone who has extended me assistance, it is appreciated. I have checked the opart file and there is a Nosound=N. Is there anything in particular I should do at this point. Thank you.
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

Nosound=N is correct. Actually, just tested, and if you have "Nosound=Y" then you would experience the exact problem that you posted.(sound options grayed out)

Is not working With Nosound=N?
Nukes

Post by Nukes »

Yes not working with Nosound=N

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”