Tony Build or Skip

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

mariandavid

RE: Tony Build or Skip

Post by mariandavid »

Decide early not to build the Ki-61 (any model) - assign its R and D to something more useful and from the start cancel the R and D of the Kawasaki Ha-60 engine and assign it to the Ha-45. You will need tons of those as the Franks and George eventually arrive. Note that the 'final' Ki-61 (the Ki-100) uses the Ha-33 engine so you are not losing anything.

For the second stage of the IJA fighter tree I recommend the Ki-44. Its good at first and later capable of surviving against the new Allied F until it swops out for the Ki-84.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

ORIGINAL: Pilsator

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

Once again I can't but suggest to every jap player to consider the idea of playing with PDU OFF... the game experience becomes much much much more interesting and challenging!

+1

I did PDU Off once and will never do it again [:(]. Just takes too much fiddling to track down what squadrons can upgrade to what when.

I am glad I tried it once though and everyone should give it a try at least once. As it does force you to have to build almost every type of Japanese plane. And it is very educational to be forced to use Claude's/Nates at the start of the war as your squadrons are very limited that contain the better AC types [X(]
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

ORIGINAL: Pilsator

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

Once again I can't but suggest to every jap player to consider the idea of playing with PDU OFF... the game experience becomes much much much more interesting and challenging!

+1

I did PDU Off once and will never do it again [:(]. Just takes too much fiddling to track down what squadrons can upgrade to what when.

I am glad I tried it once though and everyone should give it a try at least once. As it does force you to have to build almost every type of Japanese plane. And it is very educational to be forced to use Claude's/Nates at the start of the war as your squadrons are very limited that contain the better AC types [X(]

With Tracker isn't that difficult to draw a plan of production and know how many squadrons will upgrade to what.
I understand what u say, but it's the only way to be forced to use all the different types of A/C that will surely be skipped withPDU ON (Ki-61 KAI for example...nobody uses it!)
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

The problems is that when you play this game or any other that is based on accurate historical settings, that bad news that we already know what is good and what is not. Coming up with research on what frame, engines and designs your own aircrafts as well other ideas would lead into interesting paths. When you see the numbers, you already know that this is the big number. Reality that is, you have to do a lot of experimental testing. When you shoot down an enemy plane that not really that damage or captured one, that is where the studies begin. So trying to catch up with ideas to compete with your opponents is what matter the most.

I was hoping there will be more realistic on upcoming War in the Pacific, of course it would be even more complex though and more colors as well in 3D environments so players would get the ideas what it feel like in the war.
FDRLincoln

Post by FDRLincoln »

This is a minority view but I have found the Tony to be an effective anti - bomber type especially the cannon armed C and D models. You have to be careful with air support due to the SR but they have held their own against allied fighters for me through the spring of 1944, even Hellcats. They can't handle Thunderbolts or Spitfires too well but I like the Tony.
Fear God and Dread Nought

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”