New Campaign

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Ronald Wendt

Ralph1961

New Campaign

Post by Ralph1961 »

I decided to start over my A to A campaign and I have noticed that units from the first campaign still appear and I think that I can even deploy them. Is this done on purpose? It can change up the game since a level 2 or 3 unit can show up early in the campaign.
Ronald Wendt

RE: New Campaign

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hwllo Ralph Harper,
ORIGINAL: Ralph Harper

I decided to start over my A to A campaign and I have noticed that units from the first campaign still appear and I think that I can even deploy them. Is this done on purpose? It can change up the game since a level 2 or 3 unit can show up early in the campaign.

to understand this right: you use old savegames and after you loaded them you get additional forces, namely the ones set for the very scenario ?

Could you please describe your exact steps as this seems to be a bug.

Regards,
Ralph1961

Post by Ralph1961 »

I started a new campaign. After a finished the first battle I noticed that units from the old campaign were still available.
I also noticed that the statistics didn't resent. Maybe I somehow thought I started a new campaign?
I didn't load old save games.
I'm attaching a save so that you can look at it.
Attachments
AAUman0024.sav.xml.zip
(23.64 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Ralph1961

Post by Ralph1961 »

I am going to Delete all of my saved game files and see if that solves the problem.
Playing the campaign with detailed supply can get tough in the later going!
Ralph1961

Post by Ralph1961 »

I just realized that I am playing version 1.03. I'm upgrading to 1.04 to see how that goes.
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello Ralph Harper,

thanks to the save we could reproduce this and its definitly a bug. Thanks for reporting !

Edit:

The bug will be resolved in 1.05 although old savegames will still act like you described.

So you have to finish a saved mission and only after you got on to the next you will be bug free. Saves of 1.05 or missions started in it will behave as expected: restarting them will not add units.

Regards,
Ralph1961

Post by Ralph1961 »

I'm slugging through another campaign playing version 1.04. Its a definite improvement...keep up the good work.
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello Ralph Harper,

great to hear, but now 1.05 fixes a lot of things again, worth updating.

Regards,
Ralph1961

Post by Ralph1961 »

If I update do I have to restart the campaign?
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello Ralph Harper,

If I update do I have to restart the campaign?

no, the only restriction that comes with using the old savegames is that the "duplication bug" is not fixed until you finish that map and save in the new scenario as the game sets a marker. Starting new also gets you there. So if you resist restarting a map until the new systm is worked into your current campaign, there should be no problem.

Regards,
Ralph1961

Post by Ralph1961 »

I have a question:
I just took Moscow and now the game has taken me to the southern front but I only have 3 units that I can deploy there. What am I missing?
Attachments
Voronezh.zip.zip
(13.54 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Ralph1961

Post by Ralph1961 »

Here is the Moscow report
Attachments
Moscow.zip
(1.74 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello Ralph Harper,

sorry for the late reply, but i was ill and first day on my feet again. Thanks for the savegame and the report, could reproduce your experience and will check whats causing it soon.
For the record: you also posted a screenshot that depicts your triumph - was this linked to the problem in anyway other thatn to show from where you advanced ?

Do you have a savegame of Moscow ? That would help a lot to be sure it branches right.

Regards,
Ralph1961

Post by Ralph1961 »

After I conquered Moscow ( I just sent screenshot to show I did Conquer Moscow) it takes me straight to the Southern Front. I can send a Moscow save game for you to look at.
My guess is that just because I took Moscow I haven't won the war, maybe I am just out of units?
Attachments
Moscow.zip.zip
(58.45 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello Ralph Harper,

thanks for the second save game. It all seems a lot like there is a bug in the army handling at this point.

We will inform you as soon as we confirmed this by locating it.

Regards,
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello Ralph Harper,

a closer look at the armies suggests you depleted AGS of their units earlier. So there is still some information needed.

It seems you opted for AGN after Smolensk and failed, won AGC and ended up with the three units of AGS, is that correct ?

Regards,
Ralph1961

Post by Ralph1961 »

Hi Ronald,
I've played the game on and off the last few months so it is hard to remember what I did.
If I recall I did take the Northern approach and I suffered defeat at Archangel ( which I think is the only battle that I lost)
The game then took me to central Russia where I played a scenario ( can't remember its name) and then Moscow. After taking Moscow then I was sent to the south.
I have a folder full of saves.
Early last year I did start a campaign and concentrated on the south but I restarted the game with the current campaign.
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi Ralph Harper,

Hi Ronald,
I've played the game on and off the last few months so it is hard to remember what I did.
If I recall I did take the Northern approach and I suffered defeat at Archangel ( which I think is the only battle that I lost)
The game then took me to central Russia where I played a scenario ( can't remember its name) and then Moscow. After taking Moscow then I was sent to the south.
I have a folder full of saves.
Early last year I did start a campaign and concentrated on the south but I restarted the game with the current campaign.

savegames are great. [:)]
If you could find me savegames of Uman 1941, Riga 1941 and Smolensk 1941 of the AA campaign i hopefully get all the information i need to solve this puzzle.

Thanks & Regards,

Ralph1961

Post by Ralph1961 »

I've attached the three files, hope they help.
Attachments
Germanyatwar.zip
(106.62 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi Ralph Harper,

thanks for the savegames. They helped narrow the problem down to the Moscow-Voronezh transition.

Currently its still not clear what causes the problem but for some reason the reserve of the OKH is converted and does not show up. And they were not ordered to Afrika or France :-)
We are confident to fix this soon.

Regards,

Return to “Tech Support”