TGW AAR

Post accounts of your memorable victories and defeats here for other wargamers to share.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

Cmdr_Vessery

RE: TGW AAR

Post by Cmdr_Vessery »

Operational Battlefront view, 24AUG41.

AGN - Tightening the ring around Leningrad.

AGC - More Soviet resistance to starting to show up, battered units are being thrown in front of the German advance.

AGS - Striking deeper into the south with little resistance to speak of.

Attachments
Battlefront24AUG41.gif
Battlefront24AUG41.gif (256.3 KiB) Viewed 93 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

What in the world could this blue dot be right here?

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (253.28 KiB) Viewed 93 times
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
Cmdr_Vessery

Post by Cmdr_Vessery »

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

What in the world could this blue dot be right here?

Para-dropped the Special forces group behind enemy lines... ;)
Attachments
SpecialOp..roup800.gif
SpecialOp..roup800.gif (88.86 KiB) Viewed 93 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

How about a synopsis of their mission. I'm thinking that they are so far in front of the advance that
whatever they could be doing might not be the best thing that they could do right now. Not that
it's definately a bad idea to be that far out front, I'd just like a picture tour of that unit and what it's
doing. Curious. Enquiring minds want to know. I hope their mission is worth the cost if they are
lost.

EDIT: It just occurs to me that I don't always explain my paradrops either. My appologies to my
readers.
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
Cmdr_Vessery

Post by Cmdr_Vessery »

How about a synopsis of their mission. I'm thinking that they are so far in front of the advance that
whatever they could be doing might not be the best thing that they could do right now. Not that
it's definately a bad idea to be that far out front, I'd just like a picture tour of that unit and what it's
doing. Curious. Enquiring minds want to know. I hope their mission is worth the cost if they are
lost.

EDIT: It just occurs to me that I don't always explain my paradrops either. My appologies to my
readers.
2/16/2015 4:06:01 PM   

Larry, I think you are tired. I did post their drop earlier in the thread, and their movement in the enemies rear areas. And then they decided to storm the airfield at Sumy. They waited for some crazy Luftwaffe pilots to come pick them up and
bring them home. They are safely back behind the front lines now.

;)
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: Cmdr_Vessery
Larry, I think you are tired.
Imonnagotakeanapnow.
They are safely back behind the front lines now.
Good. I'll quit worrying then. Thanks.
Cmdr_Vessery

Post by Cmdr_Vessery »

AGN success!

Leningrad was taken by 269th Inf Div aided by 1st Panzer division. Further efforts are being made to clear out the surround city blocks.

Attachments
Leningrad..31AUG41.gif
Leningrad..31AUG41.gif (155.64 KiB) Viewed 93 times
Cmdr_Vessery

Post by Cmdr_Vessery »

AGS is picking up steam, Romanian and Hungarian forces have pressed north from Odessa with much success.

Attachments
AGS31AUG41.gif
AGS31AUG41.gif (134.11 KiB) Viewed 93 times
Cmdr_Vessery

Post by Cmdr_Vessery »

Turn 12 News Summary... Looks like Finland is going to join in.. Fresh troops to put into the line.

Attachments
NewsSumma..07SEP41.gif
NewsSumma..07SEP41.gif (79.12 KiB) Viewed 93 times
Cmdr_Vessery

Post by Cmdr_Vessery »

AGC update ---

Operation Thor's Hammer has been initiated, forces are being moved into position to strike
into Moscow.

There is a widening gap east of Velikiye Luki and north of the Smolensk-Moscow highway.

Forces tasked with pressing into Moscow -
46th PzK (10th PzDiv)
57th PzK (19th & 12th PzDiv)
39th PzK (7th & 20th PzDiv)

5th AK (106th Inf Div only)
53rd AK (52nd, 95th, 293rd Inf Div)
50th AK (86th & Polizei Inf Div)
35th AK (15th, 112th, 197th Inf Div)
7th AK (7th, 23rd, 258th, 268th Inf Div)

OKH is hoping the Soviet's have not see the gap in the line, and are expected to take Moscow
in force by mid October. They are hoping that the weather holds out for a successful operation.

Attachments
AGCRzhev..07SEP41.gif
AGCRzhev..07SEP41.gif (186.08 KiB) Viewed 93 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

OKH is hoping the Soviet's have not see the gap in the line, and are expected to take Moscow
in force by mid October.
Wow. That close to Moscow this early in the game. I'm impressed.
Cmdr_Vessery

Post by Cmdr_Vessery »

Wow. That close to Moscow this early in the game. I'm impressed.

Thanks, it been a battle so far.

Quick question - How is this part handled by the game? See pic below. Turn 13 came up, and there was an "Increase in Soviet war production" according to the recent news..

Attachments
Scenariobriefing.gif
Scenariobriefing.gif (72.63 KiB) Viewed 89 times
Cmdr_Vessery

Post by Cmdr_Vessery »

Recent news showing the capture of Leningrad.. and the war production increase.

Attachments
RecentNews14SEP41.gif
RecentNews14SEP41.gif (95.69 KiB) Viewed 89 times
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Not sure what the question is, but I'll try. The reductions are independent from the increases. For example, if the Axis capture Moscow on turn 12, then Soviet replacements would be reduced and at the same time increased on turn 13. Example of the math :

Soviet Replacements on turn 12 = 63%. Increased to 79% on turn 13. Moscow lost on turn 12 reduces replacements to 53% [for 12 turns].
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Attached is the file I used while putting together the Axis OOB. Scroll down and you will finds notes that may be of some use.
Attachments
AxisOOB.txt
(5.48 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

This is the same for the Soviet side. Again, scroll down to get to the notes. Both of these files will be included in future zip's.

Both files use Notepad, so if you open them with another program the format may get scrambled.
Attachments
SovietOOB.txt
(12.61 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Cmdr_Vessery

Post by Cmdr_Vessery »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

Not sure what the question is, but I'll try. The reductions are independent from the increases. For example, if the Axis capture Moscow on turn 12, then Soviet replacements would be reduced and at the same time increased on turn 13. Example of the math :

Soviet Replacements on turn 12 = 63%. Increased to 79% on turn 13. Moscow lost on turn 12 reduces replacements to 53% [for 12 turns].
ok. I think I got it. I was expecting to see a news message with the reduction of replacements due to the capture of Leningrad.

Thanks.
Cmdr_Vessery

Post by Cmdr_Vessery »

Strangely enough, Elmer destroyed a bunch of bridges right behind his front lines..
I guess his supply isn't an issue down this road.
He must be anticipating my advance to these road/rail way... lol

Attachments
blownbridges.gif
blownbridges.gif (174 KiB) Viewed 89 times
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Strangely enough, Elmer destroyed a bunch of bridges right behind his front lines..

I agree with you, but I think Ralph is pretty busy right now. I don't know enough about the code to be able to offer a useful suggestion, but I was thinking something along the lines of 'if Elmer is leaving an area to reach a better position, and the vacated position contains a bridge, then blow it'. Obviously, it can't be this simple, and sometimes Elmer doesn't blow bridges at all. But as it is currently, he is killing himself supply-wise by destroying the bridges in his line of communication, especially those over the major rivers.
Cmdr_Vessery

Post by Cmdr_Vessery »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

I agree with you, but I think Ralph is pretty busy right now. I don't know enough about the code to be able to offer a useful suggestion, but I was thinking something along the lines of 'if Elmer is leaving an area to reach a better position, and the vacated position contains a bridge, then blow it'. Obviously, it can't be this simple, and sometimes Elmer doesn't blow bridges at all. But as it is currently, he is killing himself supply-wise by destroying the bridges in his line of communication, especially those over the major rivers.
Funny thing, the troops that you see engage with my troops are recently arrived ones,
and then the bridge was blown. Good for me to some degree, but as you said, not for them.

Return to “After Action Reports”