Scenarios pack is now released!

The newest game by Ageod, set during The Great War.

Moderator: Pocus

Pocus

Scenarios pack is now released!

Post by Pocus »

Hi gents,

The first scenarios pack for EAW is now released, alongside the new patch! We hope that you'll take a look at the description page (at the very least!) and if you feel interested, make the dive:

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/557 ... e.Deadlock

There are 1 campaign, the 1916 one, and 4 scenarios. The scenarios are really diverse in their approach and will definitively bridge a complexity gap if you are too daunted playing a campaign of EAW. Be warned, the 1916 campaign is quite a monster, but definitively manageable with some dedication. Also, the new patch has several very interesting changes, to name a few: Improved retreat logic, artillery can counter fire in battles, smart sorting of units and stacks in the forces list, dozens of events fixes and also additions (yeah!), faster turns.

You will find no less than 23 screenshots about this expansion pack in our main forums, at Ageod:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.p ... d-tomorrow!

*** The expansion pack will be available at AGEOD, Steam and Matrix. ***
AGEOD Team
Cataphract88

RE: Scenarios pack releases tomorrow!

Post by Cataphract88 »

Do you have to install patch 1.02 before loading on 'Breaking The Deadlock'?
Richard
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

No, the expansions comes with 1.02 and will install it if you don't already have it.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

Thanks a lot for the confirmation, Iain. [:)]
Richard
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

The new 1916 campaign - does CEN or ENT play East, West or both fronts against AI?

IMO, and I have every game you've ever published (really), there should have been a minimum of intro sale of $15. Very hard to justify price. Pride of Nations dlcs went for peanuts - because that game at that time was not popular? This dlc only two scenarios of worth - Mideast and 1916. In first release, three 7-10 turn games. A waste.
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

1916 OOB and research put into it was huge. Also, I find the fall of Serbia and Rumania scenarios very interesting, and refreshing in the sense that you'll probably have troubles finding any other PC game that tell you this story, in such level of details at least. I know the guys in the design team spend quite some sweat finding all these units names for Rumanian units and their opponents.
AGEOD Team
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Well, I'll take your word for it, sir. When I said "a waste," I meant 7-10 turn scenarios (imo), not the actual game itself [;)]

The base game was must-have at $40 simply for the innovation of it and tremendous work involved. But another $20 = $60. That's relatively serious dough.

Also, I do not see this site (as expected) or even the Ageod forum exploding with comments on the expansion. Particularly for the Steam crowd, a discount might serve as a stimulant. Beyond my initial complaint, hope all is well, as the world would be a more boring place without Ageod titles.
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: rosseau

.... Pride of Nations dlcs went for peanuts - because that game at that time was not popular? ....

the pricing decisions around Pride of Nations were basically made by Paradox. The low release price has seriously hampered the capacity to develop what is the best grand strategy game of the late 19th Century.

so that *really* is not a good example of how to price a game in order to sustain its full development
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Yes, I forgot all about when the Paradox thing happened. Going to download BtD now. Pocus' word on how hard they worked is good enough for me.
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

That's appreciated, I hope you'll like the new scenarios then!
AGEOD Team

Return to “To End All Wars Series”