Re: Tiger II (King Tiger) never on roster

Based on Atomic Games’ award-winning Close Combat series, Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein brings together the classic top-down tactical gameplay from the original series and plenty of new features, expansions, and improvements! The Wacht am Rhein remake comes with a brand new Grand Campaign including a new strategic map with 64 gorgeous hand-drawn tactical maps, over 70 scenarios, tons of new interface and unit graphics, countless engine improvements, and much more!
msteenstra

Re: Tiger II (King Tiger) never on roster

Post by msteenstra »

Hello

I have been playing Wacht Am Rhein for quite a while. I play just against the computer and I have done several Grand Campaigns and even done custom scenarios. I have never been able to get the King Tiger (aka Tiger II) as a choice. It always shows as zero in the roster with a battlegroup such as Peiper's. Any help out there please?
Thank you

Michael Steenstra
Platoon_Michael

RE: Re: Tiger II (King Tiger) never on roster

Post by Platoon_Michael »

Hello msteenstra,

While the Tiger II is in the Data of the game I do not believe it is codded in any of the Force Pools.
You might be able to find it by using the different setting of the Force Sliders but again I'm not a 100% certain.

There are 2 ways around this if your interested.
1) Download the Mod I created called Stock Mod
Scroll down and you'll see a screen shot of the Tiger II.

Or

2)
Open the game and edit the Force Pools to include the Tiger II using the WorkBook found at the bottom of the page.

If you had never done any game editing before remember the Golden Rule!
Make a back-up of your Data folder before editing the game.

Hope this helps and we can be of any help just ask,there's a few people here can help with the editing.

You can also have a look at the Stock Mod WorkBook for guidance as I broke everything down as much as I know to better understand editing Wacht am Rhein.
This link is ONLY for viewing how I broke it down to better understand all the files.It Can NOT be used to edit the Original game.
msteenstra

Post by msteenstra »

To Platoon_Michael

Thank you for your answer - I will try it out later when I am back home.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Michael Steenstra,

The Tiger IIs are in the force pool for Kampfgruppe Peiper. They are available if you are playing on the lower two difficulty settings.

Steve
msteenstra

Post by msteenstra »

Steve

Thank you for your response. I will check this out when I finally get some time.

Again, Thank you!
Michael

Return to “Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein”