What about Android?

Games Workshop’s “Battle for Armageddon” setting in a series of amazing multiplatform, turn-based, hex-based games. Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon will make full use of Slitherine's expertise in creating compelling and challenging strategy gaming experiences. The initial game is set during the Second War of Armageddon and players will lead the Imperial forces of the Armageddon Steel Legion and Space Marines®from the Ultramarines, Blood Angels and Salamanders Chapters against Ghazghkull Thraka’s massive Ork Waaagh! invasion through over 30 scenarios, on the hostile terrain of the planet and its gigantic Hive Cities.
Lord Baal

What about Android?

Post by Lord Baal »

It was stated the game would be for Android too, then it was only PC and Ipad and then you simply lost me as costumer. Why was that? Will it ever be on Android? I wont buy it for the pc since I'm rarely at home.
IainMcNeil

RE: What about Android?

Post by IainMcNeil »

I'm not sure where Android was announced but we don't have plans at the moment. Sales on Android are generally horrible.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Lord Baal

Post by Lord Baal »

Don't remember if I read it here or in other place. That's a shame then. I guess I'll skip this one, or eventually try it on pc when on vacations. Great game anyway!
MikeGER

Post by MikeGER »

Lord Baal,
the general leaning of Slitherine about Android game development/ports is:

- Android is more spread (80% of the devices), but those users tend to play free games/puzzles (with adds, or micropayment buffs) like Angry Birds, Candy Crush 'n such, while the Apple-crowd actually buys applications
- The Android-OS is splintered in many versions, and there is lot of different hardware too, so development for Android is 10 times more expensive then for IOS
- and there is also piracy

so i was told, when i bug them once a year[;)] ...about more Android stuff, please
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

It seems there is more variety with tablets and mobile (smart) phones than with desktop computers. But does this game work on Windows tablets/phones? Has anyone tried it yet?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Sales on Android are generally horrible.

Can't argue with that, I suppose, although it's a pity. I have a Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 which, while not bought as a games platform, certainly has huge potential as a gaming device. I'd love to have stuff like this and Pike & Shot on it (I already have Quadriga and Magnifico).
JiminyJickers

Post by JiminyJickers »

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

... But does this game work on Windows tablets/phones? Has anyone tried it yet?

I have played it on a Asus T100 Windows tablet and it works fine.
helm123456789

Post by helm123456789 »

ORIGINAL: MikeGER

Lord Baal,
the general leaning of Slitherine about Android game development/ports is:

- Android is more spread (80% of the devices), but those users tend to play free games/puzzles (with adds, or micropayment buffs) like Angry Birds, Candy Crush 'n such, while the Apple-crowd actually buys applications
- The Android-OS is splintered in many versions, and there is lot of different hardware too, so development for Android is 10 times more expensive then for IOS
- and there is also piracy

so i was told, when i bug them once a year[;)] ...about more Android stuff, please

I've generally noticed the same thing that Matrix/Slitherine support of Android is very poor. Don't think they have a single one of their top tier mobile games available on the platform. If you like the Frank Hunter line of games a load of them are available on Android.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

if there's no support or call for it with sales so low in volumes etc, can't see it would be worth the effort to port over for the small returns imo...
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
helm123456789

Post by helm123456789 »

Look at the stellar lineup of Android titles offered and you'll certainly see why sells are low.

If we want to look at the real reason it's most likely because IOS is tightly controlled by Apple and you have to come back to them for everything unless you jailbreak your device. Makes it loads easier to program.
Lord Baal

Post by Lord Baal »

It's on the wikipedia list of Games Workshop video games. Took me two years to remember the error or where I read it up, but it's there, and it's still there after all this time.

I would put up the link but the forum doesn't allow me since I still haven't gotten to my 10th post. Anyway is easy to find, simply look the article "List of Games Workshop video games" and that's it, you'll find there the incorrect statement that this game is for android too.

A real shame also you never brought it to android.
vondes

Post by vondes »

hi, how i can get a mobile-phone-tracker . org mobile recorder for Android?

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”