Building Forts

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Chris21wen

Building Forts

Post by Chris21wen »

How do you know that HQs are assigning engineering units to help construct forts for units under the same command?
micheljq

RE: Building Forts

Post by micheljq »

Hello, normally you would add construction brigades to the HQ to help building forts faster. Then keep the HQ within 5 hexes, i hope it helps.

Michel.
Michel Desjardins,
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815
randallw

Post by randallw »

As far as I know there is no visual event that shows they are helping out. All you can do is check the fort level for a hex from one turn to another to see the amount of improvement.
morvael

Post by morvael »

If I remember well, then up to 3 HQs in the chain can assign one construction or engineer unit to dig forts to a unit in range. Each support unit can be assigned only once per turn. Range is calculated as 5 hexes from the unit/previous HQ (so the last HQ can be 15 hexes from original unit). Unfortunately you can't see this in the log, but I'm pretty sure it's working.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: morvael

If I remember well, then up to 3 HQs in the chain can assign one construction or engineer unit to dig forts to a unit in range. Each support unit can be assigned only once per turn. Range is calculated as 5 hexes from the unit/previous HQ (so the last HQ can be 15 hexes from original unit). Unfortunately you can't see this in the log, but I'm pretty sure it's working.

It's was seeing it happen that I was querying. I'll take your word that it is. Thanks.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

What about the bonus from major cities helping out with forts? Like at Leningrad, Moscow, etc.? Is that still working as it does not look like it as my forts around these cities seem to not be growing.
morvael

Post by morvael »

It's working, and much better in 1.08 than before (even the smaller cities have some impact, and can assist at higher levels too). You may be unhappy with the choice made by the AI in which hex to build the forts (probably not the most important ones), but it's building them. You can see how much supplies were spent by cities building forts in the log.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”