Aura of disrepair in the North India?

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

GetAssista

Aura of disrepair in the North India?

Post by GetAssista »

Having a test slugout with AI on grand campain in Beta 1/7/11/23x4, playing as Japan on Hard.

I'm trying to siege Karachi, and have a curious thing happening to my IJA bombers freshly flown into Hyderabad(Sindh). In 2 turns half of planes in 4 full sentais broke down while doing exactly nothing (standby on training 0). Airfield 8, 340 airsupport present with 270 required, fighters operate w/o problems, all stacking/group limits fine.

Is there some additional hidden bonus for allies in the North India apart from usual emergency reinforcements?
witpqs

RE: Aura of disrepair in the North India?

Post by witpqs »

No. But what you might be seeing is that when a group is actually stood down, planes go into repair to reduce the 'fatigue' as well as any damage that they have. It's a little annoying that you can't say "not now!" but that's how it works.
GetAssista

RE: Aura of disrepair in the North India?

Post by GetAssista »

Well, pilot fatigue is essentially zero. As for plane fatigue, bombers were actively bombing from other airfield in recent turns and I've seen nothing like this, it was the usual 3-5 out of 27 on the ground at the end of the turn, including combat damage. Now there are 12+ planes on the ground w/o any flights.

Does the plane fatugue induced maitainance kick in specifically when unit is on standby? That would be new to me

Edit: ran some turns, standing down all my planes, and yes, plane fatigue maintainance seems to be the reason. Some of the active bomber sentais had this happening too in other regions. And eventually repair back. Interesting that this is exclusively hitting bombers in my game even if I hardly ever give a standby rest to other units too, they are either training 100 or doing missions, lik e.g. fighters flying 90 CAP. Oh, and it is august 1942 so a bit of time past from the start of campain.
Thanks, witpqs!

Return to “Tech Support”