Serial issues

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
Buck_Compton

Serial issues

Post by Buck_Compton »

Hey guys,

I've installed Windows 10 Tech preview since a day. But when I was trying to install CC:LSA I revieved the following error:

"Invalid RegKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432NODE\Matrix Games\ Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem"

The game is therefore unplayable when starting the game it does run but the screen is disturbed and that can't be solved using windows compatibillity support. I do recieve the following error code: 740

Is this just because CC isn't compatible with windows 10 or is something else causing this?

CHeers Buck
A clean (and dry) set of BDU's is a magnet for mud and rain.
zakblood

RE: Serial issues

Post by zakblood »

win 10 does registry somewhat differently maybe to other versions of windows or the game doesn't register it the same, upto yet most games work fine with the latest version of win 10, but as you have already found out, some don't, please remember win 10 is in beta and will go through alot of changes until it gets released, so what doesn't work now doesn't mean in the RC version it won''t or will for that matter...

for now the advice is, don't play games on win 10, don't use it as your main pc, don't look for faults that many or may not be even in the next build version, as it gets a new build every few weeks, and the updates don't alter the build number, just fix minor problems, so it's a fresh install every few weeks for beta users.

so to recap, as soon as win gets released, more information will be available for most games, one way or another, no one test stuff with beta versions of a O/S, as it's just not worth the time or effort, i test new beta games on here but like i said would never say it will or would guarantee it working with win 10 until the full RC version has first been released, and even then maybe only after it has been released for 6 months or so and had it's first major SP

edited 1,

support here will come along and say the game hasn't been tested or isn't compatible even with win 10 as was made before it was released and so can't have been designed or tested on it, which is true, or words to that effect as they won't know any better than you or me what is or isn't going to fully work in a beta version of windows that won't even be fully released until later this year, April is tech preview end date, with RC being after that at sometime, so give it until at least a month after release or longer for most if not some games and system / staff here to be up to speed with win 10 and have some idea of a answer, there maybe a way to get it to work as it may have been asked before so don't lose hope just yet,but also don't hold your breath either, as you may be in for a wait as well if no fix or work around is offered...

same answer tbh from any game pre win 10 from any company, no matter what size or game

edited 2,

tm.asp?m=3211358

that's about the latest info on the game engine an issues with win 8.1 and older games, it may or may not help but worth a read or check first
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
JosephM

Post by JosephM »

Hello Guys,

Yes, I personally did a lot of testing the catalogue on Win 10 and didn't find any issues but that was aproximately six months ago. From memory, I think I had tested Cross of Iron and Gateway to Caen and I don't remember getting any registry errors - I think the only issue was the graphical issue on the older CC titles, and that was solved by Windowed Mode. As Zakblood said, it is still a bit too early to start officially testing all the games as it is still an early preview and may go through a number more revisions before release. and also as Zakblood said, the preview is more for use to check what has changed and be involved in creating Win 10, rather than using it as your primary OS as they are still a long way from having even a release candidate, let alone a final release version.

However that error suggests that the game's installer has been unable to install the registry keys which the game needs to run. Unfortunately the PC I was using to test the Win 10 has now died and I haven't had a chance to switch out the broken components so I can't test install LSA on Win 10. But you could try reinstalling the game, ensuring that the installer itself is running as an administrator, and see if the keys install. Or if you know how to use the registry, then you could export the registry files from another computer and then run the registry file on Win 10 and see if the issue persists.
Buck_Compton

Post by Buck_Compton »

Hey there,

Thank you for your reaction. After Josephs comments I was able to install CC:LSA without any troubles that includes all the updates. I also ran the exe in a compatibility mode set by my pc. Last thing was to set the screen in a windowed mode. This all solved my problem and allowed me to test the Rhineland mod using windows 10.

Cheers Buck
A clean (and dry) set of BDU's is a magnet for mud and rain.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

glad to know you got it sorted and hope you enjoy the game
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Tech Support”