CLOSE COMBAT +4

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Commish

CLOSE COMBAT +4

Post by Commish »

Just played SoS "Wounded Tiger" online . . . it seems the program is NOT applying the +4 Close Combat Firepower modifier. Ended up costing me my T-34 which had bravely advanced into the same hex as the Tiger. Rolled an 8 plus my 9 Firepower = 17. +4 Close Combat modifier should have been applied which would have resulted in a hit (in our game, it would have been the second hit on the Tiger and knocked it out). However, text that displays rolls, modifiers, results etc says "+0 Close Combat". It never applied the modifier.

Pretty important part of the game. Needs to be fixed a.s.a.p.

:-)
Commish

RE: CLOSE COMBAT +4

Post by Commish »

Okay, quick follow up: did some "tests" just now playing both sides as human. In three of the SoS firefights that I tested, the Close Combat modifier is NOT working. It is NOT counting the +4.

I tested an AtB firefight and it DID add the +4 Close Combat modifier.

Seems as if the bug is only in the SoS firefights, but someone might want to take a look at all of them.

Pretty major error/oversight, and one that needs to be fixed immediately. Makes this outstanding game look bad otherwise . . .
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Thanks for the report. It looks like there is a data error in a couple of the XML files. I will review these files as soon as possible.
Commish

Post by Commish »

Thanks for the reply! Just an fyi . . . just played (1/21/2014) and it is still not fixed. Understand that you are busy ... just wanted to give you an fyi/reminder!

[:)]
shilton2437

Post by shilton2437 »

And just for the record, the +4 CC modifier still seems to be missing, at least in the SOS Firefights I have just played. Is there a manual fix or update that I can apply? Thanks.
strand

Return to “Tech Support”