Modding questions

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

GaryChildress

Modding questions

Post by GaryChildress »

Couple questions.

1. In the ATG editor, what is the difference between a "city" and a "town" in the "location types" window? Do they have the same production strength?

2. Is there a way to set a territory hex as "impassable" so that no units can pass into it. I want to set it up so that certain lands in my ETO mod I'm working on are "neutral" and cannot be invaded or declared war on.

Thanks.
Twotribes

RE: Modding questions

Post by Twotribes »

The generic editor has town, city, major city and capitol I believe may even have village. Each is different, and you can assign them the stats you want.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

Couple questions.

1. In the ATG editor, what is the difference between a "city" and a "town" in the "location types" window? Do they have the same production strength?

2. Is there a way to set a territory hex as "impassable" so that no units can pass into it. I want to set it up so that certain lands in my ETO mod I'm working on are "neutral" and cannot be invaded or declared war on.

Thanks.

1. The difference is what you make of it...but you have to learn the editor. That includes structural points, recovery (repair), production points
and a whole lot of other stuff. All of it is changeable in the editor under location types or one of the other pages of the editor.

2. In a word YES. It is also possible to make a hex side impassable as well as a hex. I am also doing a ETO scenario and it's going pretty good...it would go better if I knew how
to design landscapes. But you don't have to make a area impassable to make it off limits to a player. I am a much better programmer than I am a
graphics editor.
Veni

Post by Veni »

Hello Gary,

1. As it stands, 'City' locationtype 0 is the main urban area on random random (after 'Capitol' locationtype 1); 'Town' locationtype 20 isn't set to show up in random games, doesn't have production, etc. BUT as noted that's where the fun comes in with the editor. As LJ noted, all of the relevant stats are changeable in the editor.

2. What I'm doing in a current project is creating a regime named 'None', which I paint the areas of the map I want to be off-limits to players (e.g. Switzerland). There's more than one way to skin the proverbial feline, of course, but I've found this suits my needs.

Cheers,
Veni
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Yes, there is a way to do this, but why not simply make the regimes in question diplomatically blocked. You cannot declare war on a dip.blocked. regime.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

Yes, there is a way to do this, but why not simply make the regimes in question diplomatically blocked. You cannot declare war on a dip.blocked. regime.

This sounds like a better idea. Thanks.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”