Night?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

76mm

Night?

Post by 76mm »

Hi, I'm playing around with some early post-war stuff, and many of my aircraft are rated for daylight operations only.

But how do I know when when it gets dark in the place/season where I'm operating? I can seem to find this anywhere, and a search on the forum didn't find anything.

Also, does that mean that missions can only be conducted in the day, but they can land at night (lights at the airfield, etc.), or what?
mikmykWS

RE: Night?

Post by mikmykWS »

Day/Night is located i your datablock next to the local time.

Weapons/sensors etc. are all impacted by day/night although I don't think we haven't explicitly put any hard stops to really bad night time sortie choices.

Mike
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

You can strike at night but don't expect to hit much of anything with a day-only system.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

OK, thanks for the responses, especially pointing out where it says night/day.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Maybe we'll think of something else for a later update.

Thanks for pointing out this isn't that obvious to players in a good way!

Mike
76mm

Post by 76mm »

What I was thinking is that it would be cool if you could put an semi-transparent dark overlay over the map when it is dark, to make it pretty obvious. At one point I accidentally turned on the dark harpoon-style screen and thought that it was night...
Midcon113

Post by Midcon113 »

ORIGINAL: 76mm

What I was thinking is that it would be cool if you could put an semi-transparent dark overlay over the map when it is dark, to make it pretty obvious. At one point I accidentally turned on the dark harpoon-style screen and thought that it was night...

Ooohhh...something like this? I think this would be fantastic and from a UI level, immediately intuitive...

Attachments
300590.jpg
300590.jpg (122.17 KiB) Viewed 167 times
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Agreed. Yeah something like that.

We tried using shading with sensors early on but just never looked right. Maybe if we implement it like an overlay it would be better.

Thanks for posting this. Its really does help!

Mike
Midcon113

Post by Midcon113 »

We tried using shading with sensors early on but just never looked right. Maybe if we implement it like an overlay it would be better.

An overlay that could be toggled as needed would be really cool. Would also be a nifty way to depict weather, if more advanced weather modeling makes it into the game eventually. Might require some more CPU horsepower to show all that though.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”