Re-installing the game

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

tom730_slith

Re-installing the game

Post by tom730_slith »

Hi!
I got the game a while back, I guess maybe 3 months after release. I loaded it on my best available machine, which is also a video switcher (NewTech Tri-Caster)
It's been working out great until I recently had to use the Tri-Caster for its "intended purpose."
We got a message that WIF and another program might interfere with the normal function of the switching system. Since we couldn't take a chance on the switcher going bad during our event I had my guys back up all my saved games and delete the program.
Now I just need to know the best way to re-install. My original installation was via online download. I still have the disc that came with the books and have not used it yet.
Can I download again or use the disc?
Any help would be MUCH appreciated! I'm still under the weather following my event, but should be able to get to this soon and am already missing getting into the game!
Thanks,
Tom
Missouri_Rebel

RE: Re-installing the game

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Yeah just use the disk and then update from the game menu. You could then apply the latest beta patch. it would save you from re-downloading the whole thing again.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Dorb

Post by Dorb »

I applied the patch and had several pops up that said retry or cancel. I hit cancel as retry would not work, then it finished. Now when I try to start game it says - Failed to extract project file to memory. Never had this problem before the patch.
I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
… Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Dorb

I applied the patch and had several pops up that said retry or cancel. I hit cancel as retry would not work, then it finished. Now when I try to start game it says - Failed to extract project file to memory. Never had this problem before the patch.
This seems to be a problem with the Updater software. Most often that is caused by Anti-Virus software.

This is outside of my area of expertise.[:(]

Try contacting the Matrix Help people if you are still having this problem.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
cfc20045

Post by cfc20045 »

I get the same errors, never had the errors before for all the other patch updates! The check for update option loads version 1.3.3, is this a 'LIVE' non-beta version now, I don't recall any communication to say it had been released?? I've had to re-install from the disk, but now how do I go about upgrading to the latest version as the auto-update option is now not safe to use.
“My centre is giving way, my right is in retreat, situation excellent. I attack.”

~ Ferdinand Foch
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Did you disable your anti-virus first? This trouble seems often to be associated with that.

The announcement about 1.3.3 is in the "stickies" at the top of the main forum, third one down.
Paul
tom730_slith

Post by tom730_slith »

Thanks for the help. I have it up and running again, but haven't been able to "update."
Can someone send me a link to the latest update? I had done the update that came out last fall on my other machine, so either that or a newer one would be great.
Thanks for helping a WW2 historic gaming fanatic who is also a "cyber-moron." Love the computer but am just not good at making it work! [:D]
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

You can go to the Members Club and download and install the latest beta version 1.3.3. Doing it that way, you don't need to run the updater.
Paul
tom730_slith

Post by tom730_slith »

Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow. I got caught up reading an AAR -great stuff! Hope to figure out how to do that some day as well.
Thanks again for an incredibly fun game!

Return to “Tech Support”