Mining station problems

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

zoommooz11

Mining station problems

Post by zoommooz11 »

In my latest game I have a gas mining station built on a 91 hydro 85 calson gas giant, and sent a ship to refuel (Hydrogen power)

Upon discovering that the ship was still empty afterwards I went in and checked the station.

I found that it was totally filled to capacity with Caslon, and the bulk of it (57,000 odd) belonged to another race.

So in affect, it cannot mine any hydrogen or Caslon for me as its storage capacity is being use by another race.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before?? or is it a bug.
Aeson

RE: Mining station problems

Post by Aeson »

This is not a bug. It's standard trade behavior. The faction that has all your caslon reserved is sending one or more freighters to your mining station to pick up the gas, and you'll get trade income when they collect it.
zoommooz11

Post by zoommooz11 »

Ah sorry, I didn't explain correctly. I have seen the reserve many times, and I believe I understand how it works.

No, the gas is not reserved, its in the amount column, with another races flag beside it.
zoommooz11

Post by zoommooz11 »

See pic

Attachments
20150214_093622.jpg
20150214_093622.jpg (675.87 KiB) Viewed 118 times
Kayoz

Post by Kayoz »

Is it a captured station? If so, I believe that stockpile ownership flag is retained.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ― Christopher Hitchens
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

There is something fishy. It looks like a case of "stuck resources", but I thought those were fixed, and I can't remember if those were reserved or not.

If it was captured, I figure it should have not only caslon. It is hard to get a full load on caslon on a shared caslon/hydrogen mine.

I have in the past seen ownership of resources change, and I am not sure that the reason for it happening was ever fixed, or if it was merely "weird stuff" that could happen again.

The obvious fix is the scrap the mine and build a new one.
zoommooz11

Post by zoommooz11 »

Thanks for the responses.

No, it wasn't captured.

Lost it in a war and the rebuilt one has no problems. So, hopefully just a one off.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”