[FIXED B733] decoys

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

orca

[FIXED B733] decoys

Post by orca »

I noticed a that when I attacked a ship with LRASM the ship used flair, chaff, and decm against LRASM. While this of course is expected due to the multiple seekers in the LRASM. What seems like a possible issue is all 3 of these countermeasures had the potential to spoof the LRASM. And if any of these were successful the LRASM was spoofed. This makes one of the strengths of LRASM (multiple seekers) a weakness (multiple different chances to spoof the missile). Shouldn't the LRASM just switch to one of it's different modes of targeting if one of those is spoofed. For example if jamming against it is successful then it would use it's IR seeker instead of it's active radar.

Of course this could issue could be just me and due to my incomplete understanding of how things work so apologize if that's the case.
Dimitris

RE: decoys

Post by Dimitris »

Hello,

Is there a pre-point defence save available to investigate this?
Luidzi

Post by Luidzi »

18:58:00 - Weapon: LRASM #10 has impacted BB 64 Wisconsin
18:58:00 - Only 1 out of 4 weapon sensors spoofed
18:58:00 - Defensive jammer (AN/SLQ-32(V)3 [ECM]; Tech: Early 1980s) on BB 64 Wisconsin is attempting to spoof sensor: Active Radar Seeker(Tech: Late 1990s)(Of: LRASM #10). Final probability: 10%. Die Roll: 7 - SUCCESS
18:58:00 - Decoy (DUAL TRAP Chaff/Flare; Tech: Single-spectral IR) from BB 64 Wisconsin is attempting to seduce sensor: IIR Seeker (Tech: Imaging IR)(Guiding weapon: LRASM #10). Final probability: 10%. Die Roll: 15 - FAILURE
18:58:00 - Decoy (DUAL TRAP Chaff/Flare; Tech: Single-spectral IR) from BB 64 Wisconsin is attempting to seduce sensor: Active Radar Seeker (Tech: Late 1990s)(Guiding weapon: LRASM #10). Final probability: 25%. Die Roll: 87 - FAILURE

18:58:00 - Weapon: LRASM #9 has impacted BB 64 Wisconsin
18:58:00 - Only 1 out of 4 weapon sensors spoofed
18:58:00 - Decoy (DUAL TRAP Chaff/Flare; Tech: Single-spectral IR) from BB 64 Wisconsin is attempting to seduce sensor: IIR Seeker (Tech: Imaging IR)(Guiding weapon: LRASM #9). Final probability: 10%. Die Roll: 73 - FAILURE
18:58:00 - Decoy (Mk214 Sea Gnat Chaff [Seduction]; Tech: N/A) from BB 64 Wisconsin is attempting to seduce sensor: Active Radar Seeker (Tech: Late 1990s)(Guiding weapon: LRASM #9). Final probability: 15%. Die Roll: 7 - SUCCESS

In my simulation LRASM is working as intended. However, I've found a different bug, where combat log lists "Only 1 out of 4 weapon sensors spoofed". First, LRASM has only 3 seekers, the fourth sensor is DECM, which can't be spoofed during attack. Second, passive ARM seeker also can't be spoofed, but every other missile doesn't use it for endgame hit calculation. There should be only 2 weapon sensors mentioned.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Thanks Luidzi

Reported and we'll take a look.

Mike
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Fixed in B733, thanks [:D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

Return to “Tech Support”