Various Stuff

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

jcax101

Various Stuff

Post by jcax101 »

Hi,

I play stock scenario 1 and have some questions. I did search the forums but didn't find anything for these:

1) Who do the Air Groups with an Independent HQ report to? The Command HQs?

2) What's the historical reason for the oil and refinery damage at Miri and Brunei? Didn't see it explained in the manual.

3) The I-6 doesn't have a Glen assigned to it. Is this a database error?

4) Are the garrison requirements the same for Japan as they are for the Allies? So if I look at the Allied garrison values for bases in India will the values be the same for Japan? And I haven't seen the garrison requirement increase when the Port or AF is built up which is great. That was always a struggle in the WitP.

5) Do under resourced factories still partially produce? Say I have a 100 point Light Industry Factory and only have enough resources to feed 80 of the factories, will the 80 produce, or must it have the full amount of resources in order for the factory to produce?

Thanks a lot. The game is awesome and so are all the answers I've gotten through the forums.
Scott
witpqs

RE: Various Stuff

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: jcax101

Hi,

I play stock scenario 1 and have some questions. I did search the forums but didn't find anything for these:

1) Who do the Air Groups with an Independent HQ report to? The Command HQs?
They literally do not report to any HQ. If you are asking about things such as what HQ (if any) supports things like getting replacements, I don't know that answer.

2) What's the historical reason for the oil and refinery damage at Miri and Brunei? Didn't see it explained in the manual.

3) The I-6 doesn't have a Glen assigned to it. Is this a database error?

4) Are the garrison requirements the same for Japan as they are for the Allies? No, garrison requirements are set for each side. So if I look at the Allied garrison values for bases in India will the values be the same for Japan? And I haven't seen the garrison requirement increase when the Port or AF is built up which is great. That was always a struggle in the WitP.

5) Do under resourced factories still partially produce? AKAIK, no, it's all or nothing on each day. Say I have a 100 point Light Industry Factory and only have enough resources to feed 80 of the factories, will the 80 produce, or must it have the full amount of resources in order for the factory to produce? The second day when it has 160 (if none are moved away) it should produce.

Thanks a lot. The game is awesome and so are all the answers I've gotten through the forums.
Scott
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

Any air HQ within range can support taking replacements, and other things that air HQs affect (coordination, for one). It doesn't matter what HQ the air group is assigned to. Independent groups cost nothing to assign to a new HQ... but aside from coordination, I don't see why you'd want to do that.
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

The I-6 doesn't have a Glen assigned to it. Is this a database error?

Was wondering about this too.
Do under resourced factories still partially produce?

No.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
adsoul64

Post by adsoul64 »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

Any air HQ within range can support taking replacements, and other things that air HQs affect (coordination, for one). It doesn't matter what HQ the air group is assigned to.

Are you sure? At least about upgrading, the Manuale states: The air unit is located at a base and the HQ that the group is assigned to is within transfer range of the air unit’s current or upgrading aircraft type and the HQ is located at a base with an airfield size of 7+ and has over 20,000 supplies

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

Independent groups cost nothing to assign to a new HQ... but aside from coordination, I don't see why you'd want to do that.

Again about upgrading, the Manual states "The air unit is located on a ship in the same hex as a base with an airfield size
of 7+ (TF or at anchor) and the base has over 20000 supplies. Supplies will be expended at the base and the unit will receive damaged planes from the pool.". Since many independent groups are on ships (CVs, SSs), seems to me that you could upgrade them just sending their parent ship to a port with large airfield and 20k + Supply.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”