Conflict of Heroes 1.39 Now Available!!

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Gerry Edwards

Conflict of Heroes 1.39 Now Available!!

Post by Gerry Edwards »

Hello Everyone,

Now available through your updater or the FTP.

This patch fixes a critical crash issue.

V1.39 February 10, 2015
Fix for HTTP headers deprecated by web provider causing the game to crash at the main menu.

Cheers,
Gerry
Those who came before pave the path of tomorrow.
marcpennington

RE: Conflict of Heroes 1.39 Now Available!!

Post by marcpennington »

Thanks---- very glad to see that the engine is still being supported as well. It's been quiet here lately... :)
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

ORIGINAL: map66

Thanks---- very glad to see that the engine is still being supported as well. It's been quiet here lately... :)

+1
Richard
BenBos

Post by BenBos »

Hallo,

2 questions here: I am confused. I bought Conflict of Heroes: the bear awakens a few weeks ago. Now I realise I see Storm of Steel in my menu. Upon control I see that when you click the link to the Bear awakens you are automatically lead to Storm of Steel... Is that normal (I wanted to play the same scenarios as the boardgame but couldn't find them).

Also: it was a real pain to install the game on my PC as it crashed. So after patch 1.39, I had to install a patch (1.36?) to make it work.

Is that problem solved by now ... as I remember not even the demo worked back then.

Could you explain what happened.

Also if I want to play against my son at home the computers don't seem to connect in our LAN at all. Do I have to buy a second copy just to be able to play with my son ?

Thanks for an answer in advance. As I adore the boardgame and I think the computer conversion was done almost in a perfect way: only confused about that SoS version and the patching process and the on line part...

VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: BenBos

Now I realise I see Storm of Steel in my menu. Upon control I see that when you click the link to the Bear awakens you are automatically lead to Storm of Steel... Is that normal (I wanted to play the same scenarios as the boardgame but couldn't find them).
Depend on the patch you have installed and if you have SoS installed.
Also: it was a real pain to install the game on my PC as it crashed. So after patch 1.39, I had to install a patch (1.36?) to make it work.
I'm not sure if you didn't or still have a corrupted installation. If you install in this order you shouldn't have any problem:
1. CoH:AtB
2. Patch 1.39

You don't need 1.36.
Also if I want to play against my son at home the computers don't seem to connect in our LAN at all. Do I have to buy a second copy just to be able to play with my son ?
I think you need an extra copy. But I'll try to confirm with the developer.
TokyoDan

Post by TokyoDan »

Do I need to have CoH:AtB original on my system to install the 139 patch?
Also I can only find the 136 patch in my page. Nor can I find the original. Where can I find it?
dox44

Post by dox44 »

i think all you need is 139 and if you need 139

same link as first post

http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=65620

or

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/Conflicto ... e-v139.zip

TokyoDan

Post by TokyoDan »

I tried installing just 139 and that didn't work.
It didn't install the files for Windows that show up in Programs & Features control panel
that allow the game to be uninstalled from there. It didn't install the icon file that allow the
user to click on to start the game. And when I went into the folder where I installed it and clicked
the .exe file in an attempt to run the game, it game me errors of various texture files can't be found.
So I guess any updates or patches have to be installed on top on the original installation.
TokyoDan

Post by TokyoDan »

I'm trying to post but I keep getting this message: "You are not allowed to post links, emails or phone numbers for 7 days from the date of your tenth post. go back? : : close window?"

The funny thing is there are no links, emails or phone numbers in my post. Also when I type, the text doesn't wrap around to the next line when it reaches the right side of the text box. It just keep scrolling right so that it is one long line which makes it very hard to edit.
TokyoDan

Post by TokyoDan »

When installing the original game after installation it asks if it is OK to do three things.
1. Update Net Framework,
2. Update Direct X,
3. Install XNA Framework.
And it shows that all three must be installed. Now this scares me as I want to install CoH on my new Windows 10 machine which already has a much newer version of the Net framework because my Windows 10 machine is also for development and is running the Unity development framework which already installed the latest version of Net. What should I do if I install CoH?
TokyoDan

Post by TokyoDan »

ORIGINAL: TokyoDan

I'm trying to post but I keep getting this message: "You are not allowed to post links, emails or phone numbers for 7 days from the date of your tenth post. go back? : : close window?"

The funny thing is there are no links, emails or phone numbers in my post. Also when I type, the text doesn't wrap around to the next line when it reaches the right side of the text box. It just keep scrolling right so that it is one long line which makes it very hard to edit.

It was the '.'in dotNet that was hanging me up.
Talon_XBMCX

Post by Talon_XBMCX »

The .NET Frameworks can all coexist together. Here is some reference material https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/829019
TokyoDan

Post by TokyoDan »

I installed CoH on Windows 10. I did the full installation with NET, DirectX, and XNA. But when I run
the game it pops up a window of about 50 XNA errors. Since I can't copy the text from that window I
made a screen capture, save it to Dropbox and shared the URL. But this stupid fucking forum will not
let me include URLs in my post.

Anyway the errors are like:

"The character ' (0x0009) is not available in the SpriteFont....
Microsoft.Xna Framework.Grapgics.SpriteFont.GetIndexForCharacter(Char character).

Could this be because I installed the game in a folder on E: drive instead of in the default C: drive installation path?

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”