Two Game and editor mechanics questions...

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

tjhkkr

Two Game and editor mechanics questions...

Post by tjhkkr »

I have been working with the editor. That editor is phenomenal by the way.
I created 4 sides...
One of them is neutral but is friendly with an enemy power.
Will the side that is Neutral feed intelligence to the friendly power?
That is the only reason I have a neutral side, to pass intelligence to the power it is friendly with?
Will that work?

I wanted to created a motor-rifle battalion: is there any way to make one battalion, save it and then propagate it multiple times.
I have come to find when I save it with the import/export: it WILL save it and retrieve it, but only let you retrieve it once.

Did I say the editor is a powerful tool? I have been having a blast.

Thank you,
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
hellfish6

RE: Two Game and editor mechanics questions...

Post by hellfish6 »

Yes, a neutral that is friendly to one side will pass intel on. You can be sneaky and make two neutral sides - one pure neutral and one named "neutral " (note that extra blank space) that passes on the intel, but is otherwise indistinguishable.

As for the motor rifle battalion, unless something has changed, you can't clone groups yet.
RoryAndersonCDT

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

What you CAN do is edit the INST file directly and either modify the IDs or remove the ID line to make an import importable more than once.
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
RoryAndersonCDT

And yeah! The command editor is my second favorite feature of Command. I wish more games had a 'real time editor' where you can just play the game while editing a scenario.
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

[8D]
Thank you for answering.
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

Yep as said it will indeed pass intel.

You can also use the various sides mechanic to create multiple enemy sides subdividing their forces, and then have event driven changes in posture to simulate communications breakdowns.

Example: make a side "Red EW" and give those all the Early Warning Radars (e.g. Tall King etc), make another side "Red Air Force" and give them the fighters (e.g. MiG-23s or something).

Red EW and Red Air Force are friendly to each other so the Red EW radar picture gets fed to the fighters. Make a headquarters building somewhere and if it gets destroyed make an event that changes the posture of Red EW towards Red Air Force to neutral instead of friendly, now suddenly the fighters dont get any more radar info from the EW radars, potentially making their life more difficult.

Just an example but you can come up with lots more like that.
My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

ORIGINAL: Tomcat84
Yep as said it will indeed pass intel.
You can also use the various sides mechanic to create multiple enemy sides subdividing their forces, and then have event driven changes in posture to simulate communications breakdowns.
Example: make a side "Red EW" and give those all the Early Warning Radars (e.g. Tall King etc), make another side "Red Air Force" and give them the fighters (e.g. MiG-23s or something).
Red EW and Red Air Force are friendly to each other so the Red EW radar picture gets fed to the fighters. Make a headquarters building somewhere and if it gets destroyed make an event that changes the posture of Red EW towards Red Air Force to neutral instead of friendly, now suddenly the fighters dont get any more radar info from the EW radars, potentially making their life more difficult.
Just an example but you can come up with lots more like that.

That is an EXCELLENT idea!
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

ORIGINAL: Baloogan
What you CAN do is edit the INST file directly and either modify the IDs or remove the ID line to make an import importable more than once.
There looks like a couple of ID lines in the file itself; can you show me which two you mean?

Thank you again!
Rudd

Post by Rudd »

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr
There looks like a couple of ID lines in the file itself; can you show me which two you mean?

Thank you again!
I'm curious on this one too.
RoryAndersonCDT

ORIGINAL: Rudd

Thank you again!

Started off making an explanation with images... realized it would take 10x less work to just make a video about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtmLY5dZr4E

Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

Thank you again!
Started off making an explanation with images... realized it would take 10x less work to just make a video about it.

Thank you very much! Thanks for making the video...
1nutworld

Post by 1nutworld »

Thank you again!

Thanks for the video Baloogan! Very helpful
USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) 1990-1994.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”