Stockpiling button question

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

colt6900

Stockpiling button question

Post by colt6900 »

IJ scenario 1

Is it possible to stockpile Japan and Manchuria in land with resources and oil for the latter part of the war?

As I understand it, as you stockpile, factories on base and nearby cities will still draw what they need?

This means you can't really stockpile in land because you have no way to build up resources and oil unless you shut down factory production?
Alfred

RE: Stockpiling button question

Post by Alfred »

1.  With the toggle "stockpile" on, that item will not be exported from that base to another base.

2.&nbsp; (demand < supply) = "natural" stockpiling.&nbsp; Do this on a closed loop market (such as the Home Islands) and a base will accumulate the surplus.
&nbsp;
3.&nbsp; The logistics model is demand driven.&nbsp; Where a demand exists, the algorithms will seek out a supply source to meet the demand as needed.&nbsp; It is essentially a Just In Time model.
&nbsp;
Alfred&nbsp;
colt6900

RE: Stockpiling button question

Post by colt6900 »

Thanks our Alfred, that's just what I was needing to understand the basic system.

One more question though, how far does the just in time supply model reach out for supply, oil or resources?
Will it reach from Singapore to Bangkok using the railroad?
If it uses roads for transport how far do they reach?

P.S. Never mind I saw the other interest.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”