Supply Black Hole of Molokai

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

pnzrgnral

Supply Black Hole of Molokai

Post by pnzrgnral »

I've been noticing this for awhile, but now I want to bring this out in the fresh morning air. I'm using the lastest patch, latest beta, and Babes-B. Here's the deal:

Sending supplies to Molokai, Hawaiian Islands. I've dumped thousand and thousands of supply there. At times I've had near the stacking limit for LCU's there but currently only a pittance. Only one float squadron conducting ASW patrols. The port and airfield are completely built up, forts at 1. Supplies will read into the thousands after I drop 'em off, but within a few turns, guess what? 900 supply. It seems that no matter how much I deliver, they soon fizzle down to 900. My first question: has anyone noticed this, or something similar elsewhere? Second question: I doubt it's WAD, so can someone give me a clue as to why this is happening, and did I miss something I'm doing that's causing all these left-handed socks to disappear in the dryer that's named Molokai? If anyone would care to see a save, let me know...err, let me know specifically which save file, since I've never had need to post a save into this forum.
Rangers Lead The Way!
Sua Sponte
witpqs

RE: Supply Black Hole of Molokai

Post by witpqs »

Molokai is right next to other port/bases, so possibly the supply is moving automatically. try setting Molokai to stockpile supply (change the 'No' to 'Yes' next to 'Supply' under the 'Stockpile' column on the base display.
pnzrgnral

Post by pnzrgnral »

Witpqs - thanks, but that leaves me a bit confused - unless my last remaining brain cell keeps me from seeing it: Molokai is an island with only one base within. No other bases on the island, no land connection. How can any supplies, fuel, LCU's, etc move from the base unless by ship (or air)? Am I missing something?
Rangers Lead The Way!
Sua Sponte
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

They are ports adjacent to each other and transfer back and forth. Represents ferries and other small vessels. Look in or search in the manual for it (I find that manual tough to search because they are always using different terminology than I search for , but it's in there).
EHansen

Post by EHansen »

It is in section 9.3.3.3 of the manual.
pnzrgnral

Post by pnzrgnral »

Witpqs, Ehansen, thanks a bunch. Had a satellite glitch and couldn't get online for a bit; I looked up the manual in the meantime (golly, what if I looked it up in the manual?) and found exactly what I needed. My guess is Oahu soaks up nearly all the supplies from Maui. I'll crawl back into my embarrassment corner for having such a ditz moment with the following exchange in my head.

Customer service: "How can I help you?"
Caller: "My computer won't work. There's no sound and the screen is black."
Customer service: "Did you plug it in?"

I forgot to plug the manual in.
Rangers Lead The Way!
Sua Sponte
btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: pnzrgnral

Customer service: "How can I help you?"
Caller: "My computer won't work. There's no sound and the screen is black."
Customer service: "Did you plug it in?"

I forgot to plug the manual in.

Ha. Thats pretty good. Someone here in this forum has a similar set of lines in there signiture line....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

Return to “Tech Support”