Map Pack Questions

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

KeithArch

Map Pack Questions

Post by KeithArch »

I am planning to buy WIF and I notice that I can buy the map pack at a substantial discount if I buy it at the same time. However even with the discount it is still a significant cost, therefore I am wondering if there is a real justification for buying the maps. I am sure they are things of loveliness, and would be nice to own but apart from their aesthetic value do they have a use in conjunction with the PC game? I should say that I don't own the board game so they would not be of use in conjunction with that. So how do people who have the maps use them. One thought that I have had is that a hex map of the world at a relatively small scale may be of use in developing other board games or extending WIF into post-war scenarios.

Additionally what is the size of the individual maps? The supplied info gives the size of the entire map but appears to omit the size of individual maps.
Keith
Twisted1

RE: Map Pack Questions

Post by Twisted1 »

I bought the maps and love them! But I also bought them with the intent to play on them someday. If you own the original WiF board game, the maps might be a good idea but only if you plan on playing on them.
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.
Adlai E. Stevenson
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

You do not need to buy the maps in order to play MWiF.
Paul
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Unless you plan to wall mount with magnets (and have a spare wall the size of Birmingham going spare) I cannot see any possible use for them - they are simply too big for any kind of table.

That said I had to have them!
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815

Return to “World in Flames”